Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#133): Forbidden by Eve Bunting


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Forbidden by Eve Bunting
Publisher: Clarion Press
Publication Date: December 1, 2015

Summary (from Goodreads):

In early-nineteenth century Scotland, sixteen-year-old Josie, an orphan, is sent to live with an aunt and uncle on the rocky, stormy northwest coast. Everything and everyone in her new surroundings, including her relatives, is sinister, threatening, and mysterious. She's told that Eli, the young man she's attracted to, is forbidden to her, but not why. Spirited, curious, and determined, Josie sets out to learn the village's secrets and discovers evil, fueled by heartless greed, as well as a ghostly presence eager for revenge. An author's note gives the historical inspiration for this story.



This sounds EXACTLY like something I would enjoy! Hopefully!

EDIT: I actually just got this from Edelweiss! But I schedule my Waiting on Wednesday posts months in advance so... :D

27 comments:

  1. This book sounds pretty good! Enjoy it!!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, it does sounds very intriguing and the cover is quite unique! Cannot wait to hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. new to me but great pick. Hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really good! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got this from Edelweiss and it was the first I'd heard of it. It sounds amazing! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cover, but am not so keen on historcals. I hope you enjoy it to the fullest, though. Good you got an arc. =)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I love dark-themed books and this book def. sounds dark and like something I would like to read. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! I was like oooooooooo... plus forbidden romance (or something like that)! Win!

      Delete
  9. Great pick! I can't wait for this one either! I'm so jealous that you have a copy of this one! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds pretty interesting. And I haven't heard of it before. Hope you enjoy it!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo... forbidden love. This one sounds intriguing. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder why he is forbidden. Also, what is up with everyone being evil?

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And hey, I'm intrigued by this evilness ;D

      Delete
  13. lol, gorgeous pick Alyssa :) Fingers crossed you will end up loving this book :D Thank you for sharing about it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the first I am hearing of this one, and it definitely sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks for introducing me to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to have introduced you to the novel, Teresa! Hopefully you read and love it!

      Delete
  15. This seriously sounds awesome!! Might need to go to EW...haha. Thanks for highlighting this! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! And you're very welcome :D Thank you!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!