Thursday, July 23, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#130): Pretty Dark Sacrifice by Heather L. Reid

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Pretty Dark Sacrifice by Heather L. Reid!


Quinn pressed closer, brushing her lips against his. His mouth opened to hers as she kissed him, soft and slow. He tasted of sunlight and summer, heat pulsing from his skin and into hers, melting all the fear and regret she'd carried for so many months.

Arms pulled his hips to hers, and he let out a soft moan. Aaron deepened the kiss, his nails digging into her waist, and she pulled him down with her until they were both of their knees. She let him guide her to the ground, her back pressed against the golden grass as he used his power to paint the perfect scene. 

- eARC, 71%




I have been waiting YEARS for this sequel! Month9Books is one of my favorite indie publishers. This series is awesome!

12 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I am loving the part about him painting the perfect picture for them. Nice kiss...

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was literal, too! Supernatural and all that ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh. I'm interesting in his painting the perfect scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one sweet kiss... things are certainly heating up!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting with the paranormal extras in there! Great swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a long wait, but it sounds like it was worth it.
    Thanks for sharing that great swoon.

    Thanks also for stopping by mine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it most definitely was! And you're very welcome, Marilyn!

      Delete
  6. Ahh, I love this swoon. <3 Thank you for sharing sweetie :D YAY for loving this series. I.. do not like the name of the boy, lol. But other than that it seems good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you don't like the name Aaron? I don't really have anything for or against it hehe. This series is pretty decent!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!