Thursday, July 30, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#131): Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman!


I grab him at the neck and pull him nearer. His mouth is warm and soft when it meets mine, his jaw rough 'gainst my skin. He leans into the kiss, arms gathering me up, and I swear a part of my head drifts right outta my body. I don't got a clue what I'm doing, but he seems to, so I let him lead. I let him lead like we're still dancing, and I follow blind, praying I ain't awful while trying to keep my knees strong, 'cus I wouldn't be shocked if they bucked and broke right there. Jesse Colton tastes like spice and tobacco and sweet mountain air, like salt and sweat from our travels. He feels like home and smells like mountains and I can't get enough. My one hand grips him tighter at the neck. The other curls into the front of his shirt.

- ARC, pages 272-273




This book took me by surprise! I'm delighted that I loved it :D

12 comments:

  1. I am grinning so hard right now. I am so excited for this book and it appears it is not going to lack on the romance/kissing department!

    Amber ❤ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I hope you love it, Amber! This scene was one of my favorites :D

      Delete
  2. oh darn! Is it getting hot in here or is it just me? ;) I can't wait to read this one, hopefully I'll read it soon. Nice quote!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel! You must read it asap! I hope you enjoy it :)

      Delete
  3. I would not have thought that swoon was in the book going by the cover! I want to know more about Jesse!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, love :D Gorgeous swoon Alyssa! <3 I cannot wait to read my eARC of this one :) Though not yet. Have so many other print books that I want to read right now, hah :) So happy you loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it, Carina! Yah, I know exactly what you mean, with the print copy pile!

      Delete
  5. I soooo loved this book and I loved how Kate was not shy about going for what she wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this book so much! And yes, the romance was a good pick for this. :) I just wish there had been a little bit more, because I loved Kate and Jesse together. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaasss. Bowman did such a great job with it! Though I agree, MOAR romance would have been nice too ;D

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!