Welcome to the release day of Mania by J.R. Johansson! Happy pub day, Jenn! I'm going to give you five reasons why you should definitely start reading this series. Learn all about this trilogy, and enter to win an awesome prize!
Why in Five:
5. The first book, Insomnia, is only $1.99 right now. Okay, I know this is temporary, but still! Such a good reason to start the series!
4. The books are written in the male POV. I feel like either I don't read enough YA books solely in the male POV, or there aren't enough. Johansson does a really good job with the male POV. Patty Blount is another YA author
3. The concept of these books is very, very unique. Dream Watching, Taking, and Building might seem like it's been done before, but not like this. Johansson has a fresh spin on a person entering another's dreams, and how it can be very dangerous - or very useful.
2. There is non-love-triangle, non-insta-love romance in each book. The first two books are in Parker's POV, and the romance really deals with Parker and Addie. The third book is in Jack's POV, and he gets his own romance story! Even Parker's best friend isn't left out in the romance department. Paranoia wasn't terribly strong in the romance, but Insomnia and Mania were. Love!
1. This trilogy is YA paranormal horror, and Johansson owns this mix of genres. An interesting combination of genres! And totally out of my comfort zone - I don't like horror of any type. I think die-hard horror fans will think it's "soft" horror, but whatever. Scary enough for me. The fact that I went out of my comfort zone, read these books, and enjoyed them, is a testament to awesomeness!
Mania by J.R. Johansson
Book Three of the Night Walkers trilogy
Publication Date: July 8, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley
Summary (from Goodreads):
Jack and his half-brother Parker have no time to mourn the loss of their father, Daniel Chipp. With an attack by the body-stealing Takers imminent, the pair must put aside their grief and track down the ingredients of Daniel's formula--one that will rein in the power-hungry Takers--to keep their family and friends out of danger. Their only hope lies in a puzzle their father left behind, a riddle where each brother unknowingly possesses a piece of the solution. The puzzle sets them on a deadly path, spiraling between reality and the world of dreams where nothing and no one can be trusted entirely. And when Parker finds himself deep in the fray between the Takers and the other Night Walkers, it's up to Jack to complete the formula and save his brother's life.
Check out the first two books!
(Click on the covers for more information.)
Follow J.R. Johansson Online!