Thursday, July 2, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#127): Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is Of Dreams and Rust by Sarah Fine!


His lips press to mine, soft and searching, and I close my eyes and welcome him. My heart is beating so fast that I can breathe , and all of me is tingling. His tongue traces a delicate oath along my bottom lip, and I wrap my hand around the back of his neck and pull him closer. He may have been a perfect hero in my dreams, but the perfect hero did not taste like this. He was not arm and trembling like this. He had no weight, no force. But this Melik, the one made of flesh and faults, has all of that, an my body recognizes the difference. It revels in that difference.

He deepens our kiss, his whiskers scratching at my face, one hand sliding down my back to my waist, the other cradling my head above the hard rumbles of the carriage. Parts of me are soft and hot, and others are taut and frantic. I am a jumble of mismatched pieces, but somehow all of them have the same goal. Bring him closer.

- ARC pages, 127-128




I am in love with Sarah Fine's books! Seriously, the lady is an amazing writer. This book was beautiful!

19 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! *SWOON*
    You're making it hard to wait for this one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH! There were so many achingly swoony scenes in this book, sometimes not even physically! This one was probably my favorite ;)

      Delete
  2. Yay for awesome swoon :D And yay for it being after just about 100 pages, lol, and not at the end :) Thank you for sharing sweet girl. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT!? I look for the same thing, Carina. Swoons that happen fairly quickly in sequels are the best! You're very welcome ^_^

      Delete
  3. I love it when whiskers scratch the face- so real. Great swoon!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great swoon!! Sarah Fine does have a way with words!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this swoon! I keep meaning to read more of Sarah Fine's books but I haven't gotten round to it yet... hopefully soon ;) Thanks for sharing!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! This series is incredible, as is her Guards of the Shadowlands series! And Servants of Fate. Basically all of her books ;D

      Delete
  6. My goodness! What a wonderfully descriptive writer. I can almost imagine myself being in this book and it's amazing. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooohoo!! Wow I need a fan now ;) this one sounds so swoony !! I have the first book, can't wait to read it :)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I like this! I definitely need to read the first book! Sarah Fine is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I think it was on sale a while back but I'm not sure now. Definitely get on that, lady!

      Delete
  9. Oh, that is a beautiful swoon. It sounds like quite a tender moment between these two characters.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and hope you have a great weekend.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! They hadn't seen each other in a year O_O This was one of the most lovely moments of the book!

      Thank you, Marilyn <3

      Delete
  10. Wow... that was one nice kiss! Awesome swoon choice. I haven't read a book by Sarah Fine before, might have to hunt one down!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially since you like adult romance novels, Naomi! Sarah Fine has an adult romance series - Servants of Fate :) I love her YA too!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!