Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What I Am Looking Forward to Reading in 2014

Welcome to 2014! 

Last year, I did a similar post, and I thought it would be a good idea to keep the idea going. 2013 was a huge year for me (first thing that comes to mind is HOPKINS!), and I hope that 2014 will be as amazing or even better!

So, books. I'm doing this a little differently than last year. Last year, I had three days of blogging under my belt, on January 1st. This year, I have a year and three days. Things change, like, getting ARCs/eARCs. So, there will be two sections to this post. The first one will highlight the books that I am excited for in 2014 THAT I ALREADY HAVE, via ARC/eARC. The second section will highlight the ones that I am excited for and do not have (yet).

I'll update this post with titles and release dates (as they come), as well as my review links (as I read/review).


Here is what I cannot wait to read/have already read in 2014 (that I already have via ARC/eARC):

- Erased by Jennifer Rush (January 7th) <- REVIEWED
- Defy by Sara B. Larson (January 7th) <- REVIEWED
Touch by Michelle Sagara (January 7th) <- REVIEWED
- Avalon by Mindee Arnett (January 21st) <- REVIEWED
- A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller (January 23rd) <- REVIEWED
- Uninvited by Sophie Jordan (January 28th) <- REVIEWED
- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (January 28th) <- REVIEWED
- Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi (January 28th) <- REVIEWED
- The Queen’s Choice by Cayla Kluver (January 28th) <- REVIEWED
- Secret by Brigid Kemmerer (January 28th) <- REVIEWED
- Alienated by Melissa Landers (February 4th) <- REVIEWED
- Landry Park by Bethany Hagen <- REVIEWED
- Be With Me by J. Lynn (February 4th) <- REVIEWED
- Fates by Lanie Bross (February 11th) <- REVIEWED
- Lady Thief by A.C. Gaughen (February 11th) <- REVIEWED
- All That Glows by Ryan Graudin (February 11th) <- REVIEWED
- White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout (February 25th) <- REVIEWED
- Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens (February 25th) <- REVIEWED
Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott (February 25th) <- REVIEWED
- The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow (February 25th) <- REVIEWED
- Gilded by Christina Farley (March 1st) <- REVIEWED
- Death Sworn by Leah Cypress (March 4th) <- REVIEWED
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski (March 4th) <- REVIEWED
- NIL by Lynne Matson (March 4th) <- REVIEWED
- Panic by Lauren Oliver (March 4th) <- REVIEWED
- Let the Storm Break by Shannon Messenger (March 4th) <- REVIEWED
- Promise of Shadows by Justina Ireland (March 11th) <- REVIEWED
- Into the Dark: The Shadow Prince by Bree Despain (March 11th) <- REVIEWED
- Elusion by Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam (March 18th) <- REVIEWED
- The Edge of Falling by Rebecca Serle (March 18th) <- REVIEWED
- Starling by Fiona Paul (March 20th) <- REVIEWED
- Sekret by Lindsay Smith (April 1st) <- REVIEWED
- This Side of Salvation by Jeri Smith-Ready (April 1st) <- REVIEWED
- Salvage by Alexandra Duncan (April 1st) <- REVIEWED
- Burn Out by Kristi Helvig (April 8th) <- REVIEWED
- Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong (April 8th) <- REVIEWED
- Far From You by Tessa Sharpe (April 8th) <- REVIEWED
- House of Ivy & Sorrow by Natalie Whipple (April 15th) <- REVIEWED
- To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Hans (April 15th) <- REVIEWED
- Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman (April 22nd) <- REVIEWED
- The Last Best Kiss by Claire LaZebnik (April 22nd) <- REVIEWED
- The Taking by Kimberly Derting (April 29th) <- REVIEWED
- Scan by Walter Jury and S.E. Fine (May 1st) <- REVIEWED
- Chantress Alchemy by Amy Butler Greenfield (May 6th) <- REVIEWED
- The Falconer by Elizabeth May (May 6th) <- REVIEWED
- After the End by Amy Plum (May 6th) <- REVIEWED
- Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly (May 6th) <- REVIEWED
- Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel (May 13th) <- REVIEWED
- The Lovely and the Lost by Page Morgan (May 20th) <- REVIEWED
- The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes (May 20th) <- REVIEWED
- Biggest Flirts by Jennifer Echols (May 20th) <- REVIEWED
Curses and Smoke by Vicky Alvear Shecter (May 27th) <- REVIEWED
The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu (June 3rd) <- REVIEWED
Take Back the Skies by Lucy Saxon (June 3rd) <- REVIEWED
- Paranoia by J.R. Johansson (June 8th) <- REVIEWED
My Last Kiss by Bethany Neal (June 10th) <- REVIEWED
- The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings (June 10th) <- REVIEWED
- #scandal by Sarah Ockler (June 17th) <- REVIEWED
- In the End by Demitria Lunnetta (June 24th) <- REVIEWED
- On the Fence by Kasie West (July 1st) <- REVIEWED
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (July 8th) <- REVIEWED
- Summer of Yesterday by Gaby Triana (July 8th) <- REVIEWED
Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard (July 22nd) <- REVIEWED
- Some Boys by Patty Blount (August 1st) <- REVIEWED
- Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine (August 5th) <- REVIEWED
- Servants of the Storm by Delilah S. Dawson (August 5th) <- REVIEWED
- Falls the Shadow by Stefanie Gaither (September 16th) <- REVIEWED
- Sublime by Christina Lauren (October 14th) <- REVIEWED


Here is what I cannot wait to read in 2014 (that I don't have):

- Mistwalker by Saundra Mitchell (February 4th)
- The Ring and the Crown by Melissa de la Cruz (April 1st) <- REVIEWED
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor (April 8th) **EDIT: own
- Pointe by Brandy Colbert (April 10th) <- REVIEWED
- Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout (April 15th) <- REVIEWED
- The Warrior by Victoria Scott (May 6th) <- REVIEWED
- Of Neptune by Anna Banks (May 13th)
- Take Me On by Katie McGarry (May 20th) <- REVIEWED
- The Girl with the Wind-Up Heart by Kady Cross (May 20th) <- REVIEWED
Allies & Assassins by Justin Somper (May 27th) <- REVIEWED
Push by Eve Silver (June 10th) <- REVIEWED
- Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dolamore (June 17th) <- REVIEWED
- The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson (July 1st) <- REVIEWED
- Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne (July 8th) <- REVIEWED
- Unravel by Imogen Howson (July 8th) <- REVIEWED
- Where Silence Gathers by Kelsey Sutton (July 8th) <- REVIEWED
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (July 15th) <- REVIEWED
Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones (July 15th) <- REVIEWED
- Dissonance by Erica O'Rourke (July 22nd) <- REVIEWED
- The Fire Wish by Amber Lough (July 22nd) <- REVIEWED
- Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout (August 5th) <- REVIEWED
- Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee (August 5th) <- REVIEWED
- Between the Spark and Burn by April Genevieve Tucholke (August 14th) <- REVIEWED
- Fiendish by Brenna Yovanoff (August 14th)
- Deliverance by C.J. Redwine (August 26th) <- REVIEWED
- The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas (September 16th) <- REVIEWED
- Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper (September 23rd) **EDIT: borrowed
The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter (September 30th)
- Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer (September 30th) <- REVIEWED
- Chaos by Sarah Fine (October 7th) <- REVIEWED
- Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick (October 7th) <- REVIEWED
- Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (October 14th) <- REVIEWED
- Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis (October 14th) <- REVIEWED
- The Walled City by Ryan Graudin (November 4th) <- REVIEWED
- Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little (November 4th) <- REVIEWED
The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (November 4th) **EDIT: own
- Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay (December 9th) <- REVIEWED


And those with no release month or date...

- The Young Elites by Marie Lu (**EDIT: October 7th) <- REVIEWED
Lark Ascending by Meagan Spooner (**EDIT: October 9th) <- REVIEWED
Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout (**EDIT: October 28th)
In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken (**EDIT: October 28th, own)
Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers (**EDIT: November 4th) <- REVIEWED
Captive by Aimee Carter (**EDIT: November 25th) <- REVIEWED
This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (**EDIT: December 23rd) <- REVIEWED

14 comments:

  1. That's some crazy but super fun list! You really need to read Cruel Beauty asap! I finished it last week and it was such an amazing read. The characters are great, and the writing style is beautiful. You'll get into the world in no time. I'll be reading Avalon this week so I'm really excited for it. I heard that it's an amazing sci-fi book. Hope you get to read all of your ARCs and the rest of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Cruel Beauty (and reviewed it) a few weeks ago! I loved it a lot. Avalon was great as well. Good luck with your ARCs and happy reading! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm counting the days until The Queen of Zombie Hearts! Also can't wait for Into the Still Blue . . . my book even has the same release day as that one :-) Happy Reading in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! Through the Zombie Glass was amazing. And so was Into the Still Blue! I loved it.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you'll be busy. :) Happy New Year! And may 2014 bring you many great reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be! Happy New Year to you as well, Kelsey.

      Delete
  4. DUDE I need White Hot Kiss. Neeed. And have you finished Fire & Flood yet?! How did you like it??? Also Alienated. Enough said.
    Happy new year and Happy reading girl!!
    Jackie
    http://nobentspines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read it soon! It should be available to request in the next few weeks. I have not read Fire & Flood yet! But yes, there are so many amazing reads coming in 2014! Happy reading to you as well ^_^

      Delete
  5. O_o Wow we have so many books in common lol! Into the Dark, Cruel Beauty, house of Ivy & Sorrow, Mistwalker, are all eARCs on my TBR :) So many great books to look forward to!

    Diamond @ Dee's Reads - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't 2014 going to be amazing! I'm excited!

      Delete
  6. WOW!! What a list!! I'm even afraid of checking some of those books because I fear it'll make my own list for 2014 even bigger and I'm already afraid I won't be able to manage to read and enjoy all the books in mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My TBR list is soooo inflated. I don't know if I'll read all of these (not likely), but a girl can hope and dream! I sincerely HOPE I read all of these. And enjoy myself while doing so. Sigh...

      Delete
  7. There are seriously so many great books coming out this year! Great list! I posted my the books I'm most looking forward to here.

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really though! So many good ones. Thanks for checking out my post!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!