Thursday, January 2, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#49): Elusion by Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Elusion by Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam!


[Redacted]'s grip on my hips becomes tighter, hungrier, and in seconds almost every part of me is pressed up against him. Our world is beginning to fall away behind the veil of Elusion's white light. The stalagmites, the icicles, the snow, the frozen firewall that we came here to find are fading away, and soon we will too.

"Like this," he says, pressing his lips to mine. I clasp my hands tightly behind his back, unable to breathe, unable to think. It's as though I'm being shaken to my very core. I've never felt like this about anyone before.

But even with my eyes closed, I can tell the brightness is about to swallow us whole and take us back into the real world. 

I pull him tighter, willing the light away. I'm not ready to leave.

He's kissing me harder now, his strong arms wrapped so tightly around my waist he's practically lifting me off the ground.

- ARC, pages 205-206


Read my review HERE.

Check out my guest post at The YA Bookcase's blog HERE.


Yes, I'm a terrible tease. I took out that boy's name AND I cut this scene short. But you love me. Read this one as soon as you can! You want Elusion - trust me!

16 comments:

  1. Nice swoon - you tease. I like the cover of this book. It's both pretty and intriguing.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is pretty! It reminds me of a snow globe.

      Delete
  2. Oooh! I just read your review and now this makes me want to read this even faster! LOL! You are a tease! I want to know who it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo very interesting. Not only sexy but I want to know what's up!

    Thanks for visiting My Swoon

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an intense swoon! You have me completely interested! I'm going to need to check this book out, and the cover is beautiful!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! I did this one properly, then. It's the perfect storm! I hope you read and enjoy this one, Lindy.

      Delete
  5. So this is the first I am hearing of this book but with a cover like that and swoons like that, I am definitely going to have to check this one out. Deff sounds like my kind of read! Awesome swoon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY? Well, I'm glad you heard about it from me! I hope you love it, Teresa! It was quite an awesome book :D

      Delete
  6. Great swoon! It definitely has me interested. I haven't heard of this one but I'm excited to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you are interested! It's a fantastic novel.

      Delete
  7. What is the brightness? Why is it trying to eat them?

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a world to escape, so it's pretty and shiny and wonderful. Nothing is trying to eat them, promise :D

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!