Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#54): Allies & Assassins by Justin Somper


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Allies & Assassins by Justin Somper
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: May 27, 2014

Summary (from Goodreads):

Prince Anders, the ruler of Archenfield, has been murdered, leaving his younger brother, Jared, to ascend the throne. Sixteen-year-old Jared feels unprepared to rule the kingdom and its powerful and dangerous court, yet he knows he can rely on the twelve officers of the court to advise him. He also knows he can just as easily be at their mercy-especially when it appears that one of them may be responsible for his brother's death. Unable to trust anyone, Jared takes it upon himself to hunt down his brother's killer-but the killer may be hunting him, as well. Murder, betrayal, and intrigue abound in Justin Somper's thrilling YA series debut. Exploring the political machinations of the medieval court and the lives that hang in the balance, Allies & Assassins is a gripping tale of a teen torn between duty and revenge.



I haven't read Somper's Vampirates series, or any of his other books, but this one sounds EPIC.

31 comments:

  1. Oooh, this sounds really good! This is my first time hearing of this, so I will be adding it to my tbr :)

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Happy to bring it to your attention.

      Delete
  2. Oooh interesting! This is new to me but looks like an exciting read!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is totally new to me but I love the idea of it. Sounds really interesting. Hope you'll enjoy it. Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja Ĩitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound pretty interesting! Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Sounds good! hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh Assassins, I love books about Assassins :)
    And OMG, I so want to look through all my WOW's to see how many I've read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assassins are pretty cool ;)

      I HOPE YOU DO! PIE CHARTS FOR THE WIN :D

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great book :D Hope you'll love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of this one before, but I do like the sound of it. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Here is my WoW.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice Alyssa! I haven't heard of this, but I guess that's what Wow is all about right? Finding new books:) Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! And making your bottomless TBR list explode ;D

      Delete
  9. Oooh, I haven't heard of this one before, but it totally sounds super epic! I always enjoy a little bit of court intrigue ;) Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

    Here's my WOW at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woooo! This does sound good! And I love the cover too! I like how it's fantasy and mystery at the same time! I hope there's a bit of romance too because that would make it just my kind of read! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY! The best of both worlds :D Romance would make it even better, Jess!

      Delete
  11. Wow, taking a throne at sixteen?! With the assassination I'd be wary of everyone around me, too! Sounds like an exciting read. Great choice, Alyssa! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that crazy awesome?! I hope it is exciting! Thank you, Rachel.

      Delete
  12. Oh, I haven't heard of this book yet! Looks interesting, and I'm always up for a good male narrative - they're few and far between in YA fantasy! I hope you like it once you get yours hands on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT! The male point-of-view drew me in. Thank you!

      Delete
  13. This book is also new to me, but it does sound epic :) I'll be on the look out for this book for sure. (:

    My WoW :D


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't decide if I want to read this one! I've been wronged by fantasy books that don't have specific kinds of worlds, so I think I'm going to wait and see reviews before I make my ultimate decision. I do hope it's good, though, and I hope you get to read it soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! But that's a good idea - wait for the reviews to start coming in (whenever THAT is. I doubt LB has sent ARCs or posted an eARC for request yet).

      Thank you, Rachel!

      Delete
  15. This sounds cool, I like assassins so I MAAAYYY check it out. The blurb doesn't completely win me over, but I probably will give it a go.

    A great pick,
    Sam :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait for early reviews! I doubt LB will send me an ARC or approve me for an eARC, so I probably won't have a review up. BUT, I'm hoping other people will!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!