Thursday, January 23, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#52): All That Glows by Ryan Graudin

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from All That Glows by Ryan Graudin!


Richard leans down, closing the gap between us, drawing me into him. Or lips meet, smooth and seamless. There's a nameless desire in the way he kisses me. I feel it rising in me as well, swelling like clear, triumphant notes. He pulls me close, his kiss growing deeper, a never-ending crescendo.

This - this is something else. It reaches deep inside me. Sparks my soul.

- eARC, 46%


Read my review HERE.


I really enjoyed this book! It's a mixture of historical fiction and fantasy, which is very cool because those two are my two favorite genres!

24 comments:

  1. Awwww... that sounds so sweet! Great swoon choice!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when books are cross-genres. Nice swoon!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked this! I wasn't sure how it would be! Historical fiction and fantasy together sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen mixed reviews, so I know what you mean. It really is though!

      Delete
  4. Mmm...I love a great kiss(ing) scene ;) Thanks for sharing and don't miss My Swoon....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay I'm glad that you liked this one a lot! I've seen relatively positive reviews for this one so if it comes I. at my library I'm going to borrow it because that cover is so pretty and it's been such a long time since I've read a good fantasy. Thanks for sharing, Alyssa! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I hope you do read this one, and enjoy it, Eileen! It was a really great read for me. You're quite welcome!

      Delete
  6. What a great swoon! Sounds so sweet and sensual. I love the cover of this book too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good on the swoon. And yes, this cover is a winner!

      Delete
  7. Spicy! This book's cover keep grabbing my attention. Great swoon choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love kissing scenes! Sweet swoon!

    Here's
    Here's My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well, that's mostly the point of the meme!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful Prose! I love the way the author describes their kiss. Great Swoon Alyssa!

    Here's Mine:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2014/01/swoon-thursday-53.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always end up loving the sweeter swoony moments over the hotter ones... idk I feel like it shows more about the characters. This was deff a sweet one, and now I need to check this book out! Great swoon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It shows vulnerability, which I love. I hope you read and enjoy this one at some point, Teresa!

      Delete
  11. That is a sweet swoon. I haven't seen this book before so I'm going to check it out.
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I hope you do read this one, Marilyn! You're quite welcome =)

      Delete
  12. Oh. I don't know this one. Looks good.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!