Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#178): Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley
Book One of the Effigies series
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: November 22, 2016

Summary (from Goodreads):

Four girls with the power to control the elements and save the world from a terrible evil must come together in the first epic novel in a brand-new series.

When Phantoms—massive beasts made from nightmares and darkness—suddenly appeared and began terrorizing the world, four girls, the Effigies, each gained a unique power to control one of the classical elements: earth, air, fire, and water. Since then, four girls across the world have continually fought against the Phantoms, fulfilling their cosmic duty. And when one Effigy dies, another girl gains her power as a replacement.

But now, with technologies in place to protect the world’s major cities from Phantom attacks, the Effigies have stopped defending humanity and, instead, have become international celebrities, with their heroic feats ranked, televised, and talked about in online fandoms.

Until the day that New York City’s protection against the Phantoms fails, a man seems to be able to control them by sheer force of will, and Maia, a high school student, unexpectedly becomes the Fire Effigy.

Now Maia has been thrown into battle with three girls who want nothing to do with one another. But with the first human villain that the girls have ever faced, and an army of Phantoms preparing for attack, there isn’t much time for the Effigies to learn how to work together.

Can the girls take control of their destinies before the world is destroyed forever?



I'd not heard of this one before! I saw it on someone else's WoW post two weeks ago, and was curious. It sounds awesome to me!

43 comments:

  1. I didn't know about this book, either, but it sounds sooo cool! I've been looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it if you read it, Lis! <3

      Delete
  2. This one looks so very good! It is on my list of books I am waiting on.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that's a totally new to me one! Sounds exciting! Will have to keep my eye on that one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you read it, I hope you like it, Jessica!

      Delete
  4. Hmmm, I had not heard about this one before either! It sounds really intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great, I'll be looking into this one. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this one a few weeks ago and immediately added it to my TBR. It's available now on Edelweiss but I doubt I'll get approved. Hope we both love it when we finally get our hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I'm glad! I am crossing my fingers for you, Barb. <3

      Delete
  7. Ooh, I love elemental stories. Adding this to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hadn't heard of this one but it sounds like an intriguing new series to put on my radar! Great pick! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one does sound kinda good and I like the elemental angle. That always gets my attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ELEMENTAL MAGIC?!? GIMME GIMME GIMME! Gah! I love the sound of this Alyssa^^ Thanks for putting it on my radar :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It sounds awesome, yes? You're very welcome!

      Delete
  11. This sounds like an awesome new series, great pick!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo excellent pick! I want to read this one as well. I love books with elemental magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I hope we both get the chance to do so!

      Delete
  13. This sounds awesome!!! I am absolutely adding this to my list! That cover is gorgeous too. Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot woot! I'm glad! You're very welcome. =)

      Delete
  14. Ohh, I haven't heard of it either, but that cover is pretty awesome :D Sounds interesting. I hope you will end up loving it sweetie. <3 Stunning pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I really like the design! Thank you, Carina. ^_^

      Delete
  15. This book and author are both new to me. The cover is really pretty and it sounds like a great concept. I will definitely check out some reviews. I hope you enjoy it!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover as well! Thank you, Jacque. =)

      Delete
  16. Never heard of this but it sounds good, will have to check it out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the first I'm hearing of this as well. I'll have to go add it to my Goodreads TBR. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WOW earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely sounds like a winner! I hope you love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was reading about this one the other day and it sounds interesting. I like that cover a lot too. I debated requesting it, but I think I'll wait to see what others think of it especially since it's a series.
    Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I happen to read it, I'll let you know how it goes as I read it. :D Thank you, Nick!

      Delete
  20. Awesome pick! We're waiting on this same book because, yeah, it looks amazing! Hope we all enjoy it when we get to read it :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my WoW choice several weeks ago! ;)

      Delete
  21. Yeah, I've seen this book around, and I just really want to to come out! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it if you read it! You're welcome. =)

      Delete
  22. ooh, this is new to me too! But I'm definitely intrigued! Does sound pretty epic, haha. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does! Thank you for stopping by. :D

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!