Thursday, May 19, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#173): The Rose & The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Rose & The Dagger by Renee Ahdieh!


Swoon #1:

Then Khalid pulled her close and crushed his mouth to hers. His tongue edged past her lips, and she breathed his name while he strode toward the bed, pouring their bodies onto the dull silk. 

She would never cease to be astounded by this - 

The flawless awareness behind every look, every whisper, every sigh.

His words were a spark cas in oil. His touch was a fire against her skin.

- Page 174

Swoon #2:

Shahrzad shifted both hands to Khalid's face. His stubble dragged across her skin as her fingers caressed his jaw. His eyes fell shut for an instant.

It was not the right time. Alas, it was never the right time.

But it did not matter.

Even the heaviness of the tonic did not dull the fire racing through her blood. She pulled him toward her, slanting her lips to his.

He tasted of water and mint and everything he ever hungered for in all her moments of remembrance. He smelled like the desert in the sun and the faintest trace of sandalwood. The palace at Rey and the billowing Badawi sands, coming together in perfect concert.

HIs touch was silk over steel. It made her hot and cold all at once. His kisses were the perfect mix of hard and soft. Practiced and unrestrained.

- Pages 280-281




This series! Easily an all-time favorite series. If you haven't read the books, you should fix that immediately!

6 comments:

  1. Loved how gentle they are with each other! The fingertips in the stubble was an added sigh moment.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's amazing! And omg male stubble ALWAYS gets to me. I don't like facial hair, but stubble on the jaw is majorly *swoony*. ;D

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOD I can't wait to read this one. Great swoons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eee, lovely swoons Alyssa :D Thank you for sharing about them. <3 You are awesome. I love them. Must read these two books soonish :) Just never have the time, haha. BUT SOON, I hope :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo! You can binge-read them and not die from an agonizing wait! I love love love these two, Carina. I hope you do too!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!