Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#157): Nil on Fire by Lynne Matson


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Nil on Fire by Lynne Matson
Book Three of the Nil series
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Publication Date: May 31, 2016

Summary (from Goodreads):

Despite Rives and Skye's attempt to destroy Nil, the island remains. And back in this world, Nil won't let Skye go. Haunted by a darkness she can't ignore, Skye wrestles with Nil nightmares that worsen by the day and threaten to tear her apart. As the island grows in power, Skye fights to keep her mind intact. Soon Skye realizes that to finally break free of Nil, she must end Nil's vicious cycle once and for all--and she can't do it alone.

Who will return to Nil, and in the end, who will survive? In this thrilling final installment of the Nil series, the stakes have never been higher: everyone's fate hangs in the balance, including Nil's own--and Nil will fight to the death. When the full force of the island is unleashed, Skye faces an impossible choice, a cruel one she'd never imagined she'd have to make. As the island's clock ticks away, one Nil truth becomes painfully clear: only one side can win.

Perfect for fans of Lost and survivalist stories, NIL ON FIRE is a stunning conclusion to the Nil trilogy that will leave readers breathless.




I can't wait to read this final novel! The wait has been agony so far!

30 comments:

  1. Hey, this sounds just INCREDIBLY AWESOME!! First time I hear of this book, and the trilogy, but now that I have, all three are going onto my Goodreads shelves and Amazon science fiction wish list (I have 53 different wish lists on Amazon, most of them full of books. Lol.)

    BTW, that cover looks VERY exciting, too!! Happy New Year!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG 53, woah! That is incredible! Happy New Year, Maria. :D

      Delete
  2. P.S. Here's my WOW link:

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/12/waiting-on-wednesday-153-tyranny-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this series yet but I hope this final novel is everything you hope it to be. Who knows maybe I'll check it out once it's all finished! Happy New Years! What I'm Waiting On

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this series but it sounds great! I hope you love it :)
    Danielle @ Life With Two Boys

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously need to start this series!! I have the first two books in my TBR mountain!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these. I do have the first one. I think I got it from BEA. I hope you enjoy it when you get it! Happy New Year. Alyssa. Here's to a great 2016 in blogging! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a shot, Brooke! I loved books one and two. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. I have a love hate relationship with series enders. I love them but I hate letting the people go. Glad you are excited about this one.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! But I like finishing series - there is something wonderful about that feeling. :D

      Delete
  8. I still need to get ahold of the first one in this series! Maybe I'll get it added in for my series starter challenge that I'm hosting this year! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally read NIL myself last night and loved it!! Will be reading NIL Unlocked soon and will join you in the agony of waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to this one as well-hope that you get a chance to read it soon. Happy reading and Happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm be never heard of this series! It looks pretty good. Here is my wow pick http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2015/12/waiting-on-wednesday-alight-by-scott.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to read Nil. It's been sitting on my shelf since it's release. Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of this series but I'll definitely check it out :) Thanks for sharing, Alyssa, and I hope you love Nil on Fire!

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally new series to me but I hope you love the ender! This one sounds great!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. THAT COVER! I just stared at it for a good 5 minutes before reading everything else. I wasn't crazy about Nil, and I didn't get the chance to read the second one yet, I will definitely finish it now when I get a chance. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Amber | The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ISN'T IT AMAZING?! My favorite of the series. Thank you, Amber!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!