Thursday, December 10, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#150): Starflight by Melissa Landers

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Starflight by Melissa Landers!


He moved in close, capturing her face again. "Then we're a perfect match, aren't we?"

Before she could even draw a breath to answer him, Doran brushed her lips in a kiss that wiped her mind clean of everything but the electric thrill of his mouth on hers. At the barest contact, her insides did backflips, and when she rose onto tiptoe for more pressure, her blood simmered to a boil. Right then, she decided that their kiss behind the barn on Cargill didn't count. Because it hadn't made her feel anything like this - as if her skin were alive with energy and about to burst into fireworks.

This was their first kiss.

And if she thought that was mind-blowing, it was nothing compared to the moment their tongues met. Her nerve endings ignited, and what little control she had snapped in half. She wrapped both arms around his neck as his hand slipped under her shirt, and the next thing she knew, they were stumbling toward he bed and landing on their sides in a tangled heap.

- ARC, page 283




Definitely one of my favorite books of the year! I bumped it up to five stars because it was AMAZING! :D

15 comments:

  1. Oh boy, what a swoon! I cannot wait till I can read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. That quote is swoony! As if I wasn't already interested in this book! Definitely moving to the top of my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXCELLENT! I hope you adore this one as much as I did, Peach!

      Delete
  3. Swoon! Ohh yea I really need to check out this book asap, this quote is pure epic swoon worthy. Thank you for posted this awesome post my dear friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got to love a mind-blowing kiss. Great swoon! Well picked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. !!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for this book! This swoon excerpt makes me even more excited!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, MER! Hopefully I haven't overhyped it for you!

      Delete
  6. EEEE :D Awesome swoon Alyssa. <3 So so so glad you loved this book. Now I'm even more excited about reading it :D YAAAY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you shared one from this book! I can't wait to read it. *fans self*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaassss, I am sure you will love it, Danielle!

      Delete
  8. Oh wow! That is one helluva kiss! I'd make that one my real first kiss too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!