Thursday, December 17, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#151): Banished by Kimberley Griffiths Little

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Banished by Kimberley Griffiths Little!


"On the night of our marriage, I will dance for you with jewels and perfume and silks."

He wrapped his cloak around me as the sun began to sink. "Jayden, are you truly ready to be tied to the mystery of the southern lands?"

I started into his beautiful face and nodded. "Your home will be my home. Your secrets will be my secrets." Kadesh lifted me up into the strength of his arms and my toes left the cave floor. His long hair brushed my bare shoulders and I closed my eyes as he kissed my face and neck again.

- ARC, page 37




*happy sigh* THIS BOOK. Such a great sequel. There were probably at least half a dozen equally swoony scenes but I picked this one because 1) it's early in the book 2) it's non-spoilery and 3) it's SUCH a sweet moment. I love this pair!

18 comments:

  1. That was a beautiful swoon. Great choice!
    l love a book filled with swoon worthy moments. I'm going to check this series out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many, too! Have a fabulous weekend, Marilyn. :)

      Delete
  2. The excerpt you chose makes me really want to read this! I love the way it's written! Happy Thursday! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great choice. I definitely need to add the first book to my to read list. Swoooooooon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I know there is a sequel to book 1 I'll have to pick up Forbidden! Thanks for sharing, Alyssa :)

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Sequel indeed - and a third (final) book after this one. You're welcome, Zareena!

      Delete
  5. This is definitely a swoony part of the book indeed! Thanks for sharing this with us! Happy Thursday! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And early on in the story, too! You're welcome - and thank YOU, Keionda!

      Delete
  6. What a lovely sweet swoon! I cannot wait to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww what a lovely and beautiful swoon worthy quote! I absolutely love it! Thank you for the awesome post my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a sweet moment! I could see why she fell for him right there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It was actually in the previous book, but that would be cute if they fell for each other this early on in the book. :D

      Delete
  9. Aw :D Yay! Love this swoon. <3 Starting to wonder if maybe I should read book one after all, lol. So glad you love these books sweetie :) Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, YES! Maybe binge-read the series closer to the pub date of book three? They're really good! You're welcome, Carina. ^_^

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!