Thursday, December 31, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#153): The Distance From A to Z by Natalie Blitt

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Distance From A to Z by Natalie Blitt!


"Arrête." His voice is barely a whisper.

There's a moment, a moment that lasts, that extends and separates into two moments and then four, eight, and sixteen. And then shoots back, like an elastic pulled too far, hurling toward us.

And suddenly his hands are cupping my jaw, gently, and his lips are crushing mine. Like it's not close enough, like as close as he gets it's still not enough. And it's not like that night at the bar, our noses bumping. His glasses are there but I don't notice them, because his lips are the chapped Zeke lips I've been dreaming about, and I feel like everything is swirling around us, like everything is tilting and running and jumping and flying. The whole world is flying.

My fingers buy themselves in his hair and I'm sure I'm thinking somewhere in the back of my brain that is shouting Oui! Oui! Oui! Oui! that I need to hold on tight. That with all this flaying and spinning and rocketing, I might fall. That he might move back. That we might hurtle to the ground.

- eARC, 72%




Wasn't that a beautifully written swoon!? I love the "flying" metaphor, how it carries throughout the kiss. This is one of my favorite YA contemporaries! And it's only $1.99, for a full-length (swoony) novel! :D

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous swoon Alyssa :D Thank you for sharing about this one. <3 I'm curious about it, but probably not a book for me, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one! But I understand that, Carina. :D

      Delete
  2. Awwww, that's so pretty! I am so excited to read this book, but nervous too because everyone has loved it. Cross your fingers for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book was SO good, Danielle! Go read it! Pleaseeeeee!

      Delete
  3. That is the sweetest swoon! I love how she's scared that he'd step back!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!