Hi lovelies! *taps microphone*
It's been a while since THIS post, in which I totally vented my frustration on my blog, something that I never, ever do. I try very, very hard not to incorporate my personal life into my blog, but things just kind of spilled over, and my frustration and drama was just too much for me, or any one person.
So, I apologize if anyone was turned off by my personal post. If my personal life is suffering, you can be sure that the blog will suffer too. Comments went down, pageviews went down, the number of posts went down. Sure, I still had a post for every day, even though I didn't have a computer for nearly two weeks, and then when I got it back, I went straight into two weeks of finals. But things definitely slowed down.
So here's the lowdown of things in the last few weeks:
- I got my laptop back on May 2nd. The motherboard was replaced, so it was working again. However, I couldn't connect to the Internet, no matter where I was. The wireless connection was poor to nonexistent.
- That's my current problem: I'm home, and I can't connect to the Internet, without sitting directly next to the router and plugging in an ethernet cable. Annoying much? A technician from Dell is coming to change some parts, and hopefully that will fix the problem. No one is sure about anything though.
- I'd been studying for finals since May 2nd, and finished my finals on May 14th. I moved out on May 14th. Yay, first year of college over!
- I go back to Hopkins for summer classes on May 27th. I live in Baltimore, so I'll be traveling back and forth, but that means I'll leave my house at 8:00 am, and reach back home around 7:00 pm. I'm taking Physics and Physics lab - no pansy classes, mind you.
- I had to turn down a really great environmental-science-related (paid) internship, located right here in Baltimore, in order to take those summer classes. I couldn't do both (believe me, I tried). I have to take those two classes now, because of prerequisites and other important things. So, the internship got the boot, unfortunately :(
- Speaking of boots. The World Cup begins on June 12th! If you anything about me, you know that I've always been a huge soccer and tennis fan (a sports fan in general, really). So. GET READY FOR THE WORLD CUP :D
I think that's it. I'm really sick of this crap with my computer. I'm sick at heart because of the internship, but at the same time, taking those summer classes is a really smart move. And I'll get to see one of my best friends ;) Also, I'm one of those people that ALWAYS needs to be working. It's a good thing! The busier I am, the more pressure that is on me, the more I get done and the better/more quality the work is.
Anyway. That's my life in a nutshell. Ish. There is this huge part that I'm leaving out, but for good reason. This post covers everything ELSE :D
Thank you all for sticking with me! You're awesome and fabulous and wonderful people. Cheers!