Thursday, May 8, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#67): The Girl with the Windup Heart by Kady Cross

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering


- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Girl with the Windup Heart by Kady Cross!


Griffin was awake.

Finley went to him and placed her hands on either side of his face, feeling the stubble on his scratch her palms. His eyes were brighter now, the kind of blue that a summer sky sometimes aspired to. 

"I dreamed about you," he murmured with a slow smile.

She pressed her lips to his, kissing him as though she hadn't kissed him in weeks, as though the fate of the world depended upon a thorough kissing, He didn't seem to mind. He kissed her back, fingers curving over the back of her neck as though he was afraid she might try to break the kiss before he was ready. Silly boy.

- eARC, 61%


Check out my review of this book HERE!


I loved this book! And the series in general. I wish there were more scenes like this between Griffin and Finley!

9 comments:

  1. I like kisses where the fate of the world seems to depend on it. Love the color of the dress on the cover. Glad you're enjoying the series.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Me too! Especially when they are sweet and powerful at the same time. Thank you, Marilyn!

      Delete
  2. Aww... that's a sweet kiss!! His fingers curling.... nice one!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read the first book, but I do have this one from NetGalley. It looks like I'm missing out on a lot. I need to get to it!

    My Swoon: http://booksnifferbookreviews.blogspot.com/2014/05/swoon-thursday-break-free-by-amber-garza.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a kiss! Great Swoon Alyssa!

    Here's mine:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2014/05/swoon-thursday-67.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEEEEEP! I love Griffin and Finley! Their relationship is one of my favorites and I can't wait to get to this one! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They are so amazing together. I hope you love this book, Jess!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!