Thursday, May 22, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#69): Push by Eve Silver

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering


- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Push by Eve Silver!


"I hate you," I whisper, wishing it were true.

"Do you now?" His smile  is hard and dangerous, and I can feel something coiled tight between us. Anger? Yeah... but something else, too.

Then he shifts closer, his palms cupping my cheeks. I should slap his hands away. I should scoot back on the branch, But I don't. I close my fingers around his wrists and just hold on. 

Every cell in my body reacts to him. My lips part. My breath comes too fast.

He lowers his mouth to mine, his kiss both hard and soft, tasting like mint.

He drinks me in, a boy parched, and I am the deep, cool well. I'm falling, lost in him, lost in this, the wonder of his kiss, lips and tongue and the scrape of his teeth.

I want to lean in closer, tangle my fingers in his hair, and kiss him deeper, harder.

- ARC, pages 136-137




I love this series! This particular book, a sequel, was fabulous :D

13 comments:

  1. Oh my! That is one hot kiss. So glad you're enjoying this series.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Hate turning into something more.... drinking her in! Nice swoon!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeep! I haven't read this series yet, but that excerpt is... wow!

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's swoony excerpt for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack. I love that teaser, hih. <3 Thank you so much for sharing sweetie :D I'm glad you loved this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh I love it when the guy answers hate with a kiss (when they know the girl is lying)--- that was a great scene! I think I need to go buy book one now. Thanks for the awesome swoon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes! This scene has a little bit of context and background to it, but I love the way Silver sets it up. Rush (book one) is only $1.99!

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  7. Oh. My. Goodness! That's HOT!!

    My swoon is from Absolute Zero by Lynn Rush. Posted this yesterday, but didn't get a chance to share it.

    http://booksnifferbookreviews.blogspot.com/2014/05/swoon-thursday-absolute-zero-by-lynn.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!