Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#74): Captive by Aimee Carter


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Captive by Aimee Carter
Book Two of the Blackcoat Rebellion series
Publisher: Harlequin TEEN
Publication Date: November 25, 2014

Summary (from Goodreads): 

For the past two months, Kitty Doe's life has been a lie. Forced to impersonate the Prime Minister's niece, her frustration grows as her trust in her fake fiancĂ© cracks, her real boyfriend is forbidden and the Blackcoats keep her in the dark more than ever. 

But in the midst of discovering that her role in the Hart family may not be as coincidental as she thought, she's accused of treason and is forced to face her greatest fear: Elsewhere. A prison where no one can escape. 

As one shocking revelation leads to the next, Kitty learns the hard way that she can trust no one, not even the people she thought were on her side. With her back against the wall, Kitty wants to believe she'll do whatever it takes to support the rebellion she believes in—but is she prepared to pay the ultimate price?





I'm definitely going to try and catch this sequel!

18 comments:

  1. Yessss!! I so the cover yesterday and it reminded me that I cannot wait to read this one! I hope I'll get approved for an ARC when they start floating around NG or EW...
    Great pick, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get approved as well! I'll be looking out for ARCs and/or eARCs as well!

      Delete
  2. Yes! Dying for this one too! Hoping Netgalley gets it soon as I have better luck with them then Edelweiss!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't started reading this series. I hope you love it when you read it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds good and like somethign I might like too, hope you get to read it soon. Happy hump day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to read this one too, loved Pawn. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Pawn, (and love the covers) so can't wait for this one either!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought that Pawn was an okay read. Will definitely be looking out for the sequel too, I guess. Loving the cover!

    - Sam @ Falling Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I hope you enjoy Captive, if you read it, Sam!

      Delete
  8. On on the fence with this one. Pawn wasn't one of my favorites, but the ending left me curious enough. So I don't know for sure If I want to read it or not. The cover is awesome though :)

    Janina
    vMy WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel bad about that! Perhaps wait for other bloggers' opinions? Or if you have time. I do like the cover as well!

      Delete
  9. I still need to read Pawn! It's on my review pile so i need to get to it! Thanks for sharing :)

    Mily
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, do it, Emily! Not a bad dystopia-based novel at all!

      Delete
  10. Yay :D Awesome pick sweetie. <3 I have yet to read book one.. but I do own it; so hopefully soonish ;p I hope you will love this book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay! I hope you love it when you read it. Thank you!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!