Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#72): The Walled City by Ryan Graudin


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


The Walled City by Ryan Graudin
Publisher: Little, Brown
Publication Date: November 4, 2014

Summary (from Goodreads):

There are three rules in the Walled City: Run fast. Trust no one. Always carry your knife. Right now, my life depends completely on the first. Run, run, run. 

Jin, Mei Yee, and Dai all live in the Walled City, a lawless labyrinth run by crime lords and overrun by street gangs. Teens there run drugs or work in brothels—or, like Jin, hide under the radar. But when Dai offers Jin a chance to find her lost sister, Mei Yee, she begins a breathtaking race against the clock to escape the Walled City itself.



I liked Graudin's debut novel, All That Glows, so I'm definitely interested in this new one!

23 comments:

  1. All That Glows wasn't a great book for me, but that doesn't stop my excitement for this book. It just looks so cool! I love books with races in them. They're just so exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! But I'm glad that you're excited to read this one.

      Delete
  2. This sounds pretty good and sounds like something that I would read :) It's going on my tbr! Great pick.

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds super interesting! Great pick, Alyssa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, interesting cover :D Amazing pick sweetie. <3 I do hope you will end up loving this book when you get to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is strange but awesome! Thank you, Carina ^_^

      Delete
  5. Nice pick! I like the sounds of this one for sure.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also want to read this one and for the same reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so want this one as well. I'm hoping to get this one at BEA. It sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this one yet but sounds good and hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not heard of this one! Sounds fab, thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have introduced it to you! You're welcome, Georgia :)

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of this one before. I hope you enjoy reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was looking at this book the other day and it definitely caught my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeahhhhhhh, this sounds so good! This is more my style than her other book, so I'm quite excited. I hope it's awesomeeeee! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! I'm glad that you're interested! I liked All That Glows, and I'm hoping that The Walled City is great as well ^_^

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!