Monday, January 1, 2018

What I Am Looking Forward to Reading in 2018

Happy New Year! Welcome to 2018!

For the last five years, I've done a similar post, and I thought it would be a good idea to keep the idea going.


2013
2014
2015
2016
2017


I'm doing this like I did last year. There will be two sections to this post. The first one will highlight the books that I am excited for in 2018 that I already have, via ARC/eARC. The second section will highlight the ones that I am excited for and do not have (yet).

I'll update this post with titles and release dates (as they come), as well as my review links (as I read/review).



YOUNG ADULT

2018 books I already have:

Meet Cute (January 2nd) <- REVIEWED
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black (January 2nd) <- REVIEWED
Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner (January 9th)
A Taxonomy of Love by Rachael Allen (January 9th) <- REVIEWED
Sightwitch by Susan Dennard (January 23rd)
The Defiant by Lesley Livingston (January 23rd)
- Shadowsong by S. Jae-Jones (January 30th)
Broken Battered Hearts by Kami Garcia (February 6th)
- The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross (February 6th)
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton (February 6th)
Honor Among Thieves by Rachel Caine and Ann Aguirre (February 13th)
The Traitor Prince by C.J. Redwine (February 13th)
Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston (February 27th) <- REVIEWED
More Than We Can Tell by Brigid Kemmerer (March 6th)
- Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton (March 6th)
Pacifica by Kristen Simmons (March 6th)
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo (March 6th)
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi (March 6th)
Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake (April 10th)
- Bound to You by Alyssa Brandon (April 10th) <- REVIEWED
- Suitors and Sabotage by Cindy Anstey (April 17th)

2018 books I want to read but don't have:

Blood and Sand by C.V. Wyk (January 16th)
Say You'll Remember Me by Katie McGarry (January 30th)
The Dragon's Curse by Bethany Wiggins (February 6th)
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (March 27th)
- Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young (April 24th)
- Allied by Amy Tintera (May 1st)
- Onyx and Ivory by Mindee Arnett (May 15th)
- Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West (May 29th)
Bright Burns the Night by Sara B. Larson (May 29th)
- Legendary by Stephanie Garber (May 29th)
Nightblood by Elly Blake (June 5th)
- Rage by Cora Carmack (June 5th)
Smoke in the Sun by RenĂ©e Ahdieh (June 5th)
A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir (June 12th)
A Thousand Beginnings and Endings (June 26th)
- The Emerald Sea by Richelle Mead (June 26th)
- Smoke and Iron by Rachel Caine (July 3rd)
Bright We Burn by Kiersten White (July 10th)
When Life Gives You Demons by Jennifer Honeybourn (July 17th)
- Contagion by Erin Bowman (July 24th)
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning (July 31st)
- Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson (August 7th)
- Carols and Chaos by Cindy Anstey (September 10th)

And those with no release month or date...

The Half King by Melissa Landers
- Untitled (Sword and Verse #2) by Kathy MacMillan
- Untitled (Warcross #2) by Marie Lu
- Untitled (His Fair Assassins #4) by Robin LaFevers
- Untitled (The Diabolic #3) by S.J. Kincaid
The Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor
Retribution by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Umbertouched by Livia Blackburne
- Untitled (Devil's Rock #5) by Sophie Jordan
- Untitled (Devils & Thieves #2) by Jennifer Rush
- Untitled (Lady Helen #3) by Alison Goodman


ADULT

2018 books I already have:

Heart on Fire by Amanda Bouchet (January 2nd) <- REVIEWED
Markswoman by by Rati Mehrotra (January 23rd)
- Indecent Exposure by Tessa Bailey (January 30th)
Moonlight Sins by Jennifer L. Armentrout (January 30th)
Make Me Want by Katee Robert (March 1st)
Disturbing His Peace by Tessa Bailey (April 24th)

2018 books I want to read but don't have:

Zero Hour by Megan Erickson (January 30th)
The Bastard's Bargain by Katee Robert (February 6th)
- Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon by Kerrelyn Sparks (March 27th)
Blood Veil by Megan Erickson (April 3rd)
Moonlight Seduction by Jennifer L. Armentrout (June 26th)
The Governess Game by Tessa Dare (August 28th)
Dragonshadow by Elle Katharine White (October 15th)
The Kingdom of Copper by S.A. Chakraborty (November 6th)

And those with no release month or date...

- Untitled (Devil's Rock #5) by Sophie Jordan
Claimed by the Commander by Ashlyn Macnamara

15 comments:

  1. So jealous you have the new Garcia and Anstey books. I want them now! Absolutely eager for the new Warcross, Katie McG, KWest, OBSIDIO!!!, Allied, Emerald Sea, and whoa! Another new Anstey?! What an awesome reading year we have to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will eventually get to that Devil's Rock series. Obsidio is probably my top YA wish book on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geez, did The Belles and Shadowsong have their release dates loved up (I originally had February 26 and February 9)? That completely changes up my reading schedule. Oh well!

    And yes, Kingdom of Copper! I really want Chakraborty to do a few author signings, I would love to hear her speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many books to get excited about! I don't think the publisher of Obsidio is giving out ARCs because I don't know of any bloggers who have one. I preordered a copy because I can't wait to see how it ends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that 2018 is gonna be a wonderful year for books. So many great ones coming out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh fun! And you have so many 2018 books already! That's awesome though. I really can't wait for Obsidio. I need to re-read the first two beforehand though.

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Alyssa! I am sooooo jealous of the books that you already have! HOW DO YOU DO IT?!

    I have a few books on your list that are also on my most anticipated reads for this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Congratulations on 2017 and a great 2018 ahead. so-many great reads, Alyssa. I hope you had a wonderful New Year.
    -Helena đŸ’‹ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet, I'm bookmarking this post to keep track of which YA books I should be keeping an eye out for! Thanks for the handy list!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great idea! I keep waiting for Sea Witch to go up on Edelweiss. It look so good! I'll also be curious to hear your thoughts on To Kill a Kingdom and Suitors and Sabotage. Hope you have a fantastic reading year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Belles, Children of Blood and Bone, the third Lady Helen book, and the Governess Game are all on my list too! I'm also really looking forward to Alisha Rai's upcoming release. She's been on fire lately!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great look ahead! A lot of these look great! Hopefully you get to all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eee, this is such an awesome list of books to be excited about :D They all looks so good. Sigh. I have read a few of them too, and they were awesome. <3 I hope you will end up loving all of these sweetie :) And ahh, totally jealous of some of your ARCs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. I'm totally looking forward to Daughter of the Siren Queen and Nightblood!!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!