Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday (#264): Sea Witch by Sarah Henning


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Sea Witch by Sarah Henning
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date: July 31, 2018

Summary (from Goodreads):

Everyone knows what happens in the end.
A mermaid, a prince, a true love’s kiss.
But before that young siren’s tale, there were three friends.
One feared, one royal, and one already dead.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since her best friend, Anna, drowned, Evie has been an outcast in her small fishing town. A freak. A curse. A witch. 

A girl with an uncanny resemblance to Anna appears offshore and, though the girl denies it, Evie is convinced that her best friend actually survived. That her own magic wasn’t so powerless after all. And, as the two girls catch the eyes—and hearts—of two charming princes, Evie believes that she might finally have a chance at her own happily ever after.

But her new friend has secrets of her own. She can’t stay in Havnestad, or on two legs, unless Evie finds a way to help her. Now Evie will do anything to save her friend’s humanity, along with her prince’s heart—harnessing the power of her magic, her ocean, and her love until she discovers, too late, the truth of her bargain. 

The rise of Hans Christian Andersen’s iconic villainess is a heart-wrenching story of friendship, betrayal, and a girl pushed beyond her limits—to become a monster.



This book is easily one of the few YA debut novels I can't wait to read. It sounds amazing and I absolutely love the cover! I got a review copy from Edelweiss but will definitely be adding a hardcover copy to my shelf in the future!

18 comments:

  1. I found this book through Twitter a while ago and it sounds amazing. I can't wait to read it either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think nearly everyone is anticipating this one!! I so can't wait to read it! I have always loved a good fairy tale retelling or the sort like this where we learn about the villain!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything to do with mermaids, and this looks so fantastic! Thanks for sharing, Alyssa😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover!! I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow new one and I want it now so thanks!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ecstatic for this one - the cover really is beautiful! I have a physical ARC and I can only imagine how the HC will look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen this one on EW and have been debating getting it...it seems Mermaids are the thing this year. I have seen at least three Little Mermaid remakes already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! This sounds interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also have a review copy from Edelweiss of this book. Just can't find the time to actually start it. Hopefully sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh this sounds really interesting. I don't think I've read a book based on this classic story.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, yes, yes! This one sounds fantastic. Beautiful cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, a book about mermaids? This is new to me, but I want to read it now. Sign me up!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sirens and mermaids and sea stories in general are such a big thing this year!! And I'm pretty much excited for ALL of them LOL. Definitely this one, too. Sooo pretty and the synopsis has me hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am really looking forward to this one as well! The cover is amazing and it just sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one's close to the top of my TBR for 2018, too! I'm loving all the sea monster-y vibes that YA fantasy seems to be serving up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't decided yet if I wish to read this one or not.. ahhh. I need to know if the ending is happy; aka boy and girl together ;) I'm worried it won't be. Ugh. But IT IS GORGEOUS :D Hope you love it Alyssa. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!