Thursday, January 11, 2018

Swoon Thursday (#259): Everless by Sara Holland


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Everless by Sara Holland!


He leans down, closing the distance between us, and before I can move, before I can even think, his lips find mine.

I gasp against his mouth. For a moment, I'm frozen, stiff - then a private war erupts across every cell in my body, starting from my chest and moving outward, until every part of me is screaming simultaneously to pull away and press closer. And the latter side is winning, rapidly. Roan threads his fingers through my hair, tilting my face back to meet his; and in response, as if of their own accord, my arms come up around his waist, and I pull him against me. The desire - not just for Roan himself but to be wanted, to be loved the way I loved him when I was young, to belong, for some wholeness in my childhood to be restored, to be true - rushes through me, carrying away all the dark discoveries of the night.

- ARC, page 312



This book had a slow start for me but I'm really getting into it! I'm excited to see how things end. The romance is subtle and unique because of the childhood aspect, so it'll be interesting to see how things pan out. Let me know your thoughts, if you've read this book!

9 comments:

  1. Ooh nice quote. I'm glad this one is getting better for you! Sometimes a slow start leads to good things.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, did not expect this one to have scenes like this! I'm deifinitely a bit more excited now. ;)

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are enjoying this one,Especially when it started out so slow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this book yet but it was in my Fairyloot of December so I assume I will get around to it eventually. I'm excited for it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds interesting. Great paragraph!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My my! A YA romance that's subtle and unique? I'm definitely interested in that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eee, yay :D Lovely swoon Alyssa. <3 And ahh, I really hope you end up loving this one :) I'm reading it soon, and I am nervous yet excited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep hearing amazing things about this! And based off that quote, it looks like I'll be doing quite some swooning. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful swoon, and from such an amazing book! Thanks for sharing Alyssa :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!