Thursday, January 25, 2018

Swoon Thursday (#261): The Defiant by Lesley Livingston


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Defiant by Lesley Livingston!


"... But I was hoping you might find the time-"

That was as far as he got before I lunged at him, reaching up to pull his head down toward me, and silencing him with the kiss I'd been waiting on for months. And months...

From his reaction, it seemed he'd been waiting on it too. I felt a rumbling in his chest that was almost a growl, and his mouth opened hungrily on mine. His arms wrapped around me and he lifted me off the ground. He smelled of horse and iron and leather and he tasted of salt and sunshine.

- ARC, page 55



A reunion scene! I love it. This is in the beginning of The Defiant, which takes place months after the ending of The Valiant. Cai and Fallon are adorable!

8 comments:

  1. Reunion scenes are the best, especially if characters have been apart for a while. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. *clenches fist* I LOVE REUNION SCENES. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM. This one sounds so good - take me nowww.

    - Aila @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh love it and only 55 pages in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know the characters - but what a lovely moment. :) I do love reunion scenes.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesss! I haven't read Valiant yet. I'm still waiting for my copy from the library, but I love the covers for this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! I love a good reunion scene, and this couple is so swoon-worthy. I love Fallon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, yay for lovely swoon :D But uuugh. They have been away from each other for months? :\ I do not approve.. but still. Hoping to enjoy this book :) Thank you for sharing Alyssa. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the growl! Love it! They both wanted that!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!