Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday (#266): Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
Publisher: Del Rey
Publication Date: July 10, 2018

Summary (from Goodreads):

Miryem is the daughter and granddaughter of moneylenders... but her father isn't a very good one. Free to lend and reluctant to collect, he has loaned out most of his wife's dowry and left the family on the edge of poverty--until Miryem steps in. Hardening her heart against her fellow villagers' pleas, she sets out to collect what is owed--and finds herself more than up to the task. When her grandfather loans her a pouch of silver pennies, she brings it back full of gold.

But having the reputation of being able to change silver to gold can be more trouble than it's worth--especially when her fate becomes tangled with the cold creatures that haunt the wood, and whose king has learned of her reputation and wants to exploit it for reasons Miryem cannot understand. 



I didn't even know this book existed until recently! I read Uprooted back in the day and really enjoyed it (though I am in desperate need of a reread), and I can't wait to read this new book by Novik. Unrelated to Uprooted but no less exciting!

19 comments:

  1. I've never read any of Novik's books before, but this sounds interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! I've heard mixed things about this series though I do admit I'm a little curious about it all! Lol! Might need to check my library for it! Hope you enjoy this once once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Uprooted and I knew this book was coming but for some reason I keep forgetting about it. Maybe because not a lot of readers and bloggers are talking about it? So thanks for the reminder! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one before! I haven't read Uprooted but I've heard good things about it and the author. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read anything from the author yet but this one sounds intriguing!

    Vanessa @ Blushing Geek

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sudden - it was Uprooted and then finally BOOM this book comes out and everyone wants it! Go figure!
    @TeacherofYA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely brand new to me!
    I hope you enjoy it when it comes out.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, great choice! Im super excited too!😁

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read Uprooted! I had the audiobook but the narrator wasn't cutting it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This it the first time that I'm hearing about this book too! Although I wasn't a fan of Uprooted as much as everyone else, I do like the sound of this book! Thank you for putting it on my radar Alyssa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing a new to me author.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to read Uprooted, I've heard such great things about it! Great pick!
    Check out my Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm pumped for this one too! Like you, I'm definitely in need of an Uprooted re-read first, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm super excited about this one too! I'm glad it's unrelated to Uprooted, I'm looking forward to a new story.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read Uprooted either but this one looks great. Nice cover too. Heard lots of good things about Naomi Novik...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg I absolutely cannot wait for this one. I also love how the cover matches UPROOTED! UPROOTED was one of my faves the year it came out. :D Wonderful feature!

    - Aila @ One Way Or An Author

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes! I can't wait for this one. I absolutely ADORED Uprooted so I will have to check this one out for sure. Great pick! Have a wonderful week Alyssa. <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. I did not like Uprooted at all, ahhh. So sadly not interested in this one, haha :D But it do look pretty awesome. <3 And I hope you will end up loving it the most sweetie :) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!