Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday (#262): When Life Gives You Demons by Jennifer Honeybourn


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


When Life Gives You Demons by Jennifer Honeybourn
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Publication Date: July 17, 2018

Summary (from Goodreads):

Sixteen-year-old Shelby Black has spent the past year training to be an exorcist. Her great-uncle Roy—a Catholic priest and Shelby’s guardian—believes she has a gift for expelling demons, and he’s put her through exorcist boot camp hell, but he still doesn’t trust her to do an exorcism on her own.

High school is hard enough without having to explain that you fight demons for a living, so Shelby keeps her extracurricular activity quiet, especially from Spencer, her cute math tutor. Secrets run in Shelby’s family, though: her mother has been missing ever since an exorcism went horribly wrong, and Uncle Roy is tight-lipped about it. But Shelby’s hell-bent on finding her mom, no matter what—even if what it ends up costing her her soul AND a date with Spencer.



I loved Jennifer Honeybourn's debut, Wesley James Ruined My Life! I can't wait to read this new standalone novel. =)

30 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting, definitely putting it on my TBR! Hope you have a wonderful week, Alyssa.
    -Helena 💋 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a Wesley James fan too, and this sounds like it will be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pick! Sounds like an interesting read! I will have to keep an eye out for it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost picked this one for my WOW! Swoon Reads literally comes up with the best titles. Plus I'm always down for anything demon related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost WoW twins! I hope you love this one, Lauren. ^_^

      Delete
  5. Oooh! This sounds like an awesome book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes I loved her debut! This one sounds adorable and fun, I can't wait too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we get our hands on this one soon!

      Delete
  7. This sounds so fun! It seems like exorcisms are becoming more popular in YA! (The Mericiless, My Best Friends Exorcism, and now this!)

    Here is my WoW!

    Have a great rest of your week, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd not heard of those other ones so I will take your word for it! It's a neat concept. ^_^

      Delete
  8. I feel like I saw this book somewhere before... BUT I love the sound of it. That cover is brilliant as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't read her previous book, but this one sounds kind of crazy! I hope you love it Alyssa :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this one, or this author, but ooo this book sounds so good and right up my alley. I hope you love it when you get to read it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read the other book, but omg, this one sounds great. What a fantastic premise!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you love it, I haven't tried any by this author yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the title and it looks like fun! Great pick. My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one probably won't be a good fit for me genre wise, but I love the cute title and cover!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, this sounds absolutely adorable! And a standalone urban fantasy? Yes please! Thanks for putting this on my radar, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do like the sound of this one. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like such a fun read. That cover is fabulous too. Made me chuckle as soon as I saw it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one sounds like a fun read! I don't think I have read anything like this before! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a pretty awesome cover :D Lovely pick Alyssa. <3 I hope you will end up loving this book a whole bunch :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!