Friday, January 12, 2018

My Favorite YA Foreign Editions

Hello, fellow book lovers! Today I wasn't feeling like writing a review, so instead I'm going to do something a little more fun and eye-catching. I'm sharing my favorite foreign editions of YA books! I absolutely love seeing the different foreign editions of books, and YA books tend to have some of the most gorgeous covers. Enjoy!

Note: what I consider "foreign" is non-USA-published.

Catalan and Romanian versions of Graceling

Graceling by Kristin Cashore (Catalan)Darul by Kristin Cashore (Romanian)

Italian version of Fire

Fireby Kristin Cashore (Italian)

Indonesian version of The Wrath & The Dawn, and The Rose & The Dagger

The Wrath & the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh (Indonesian)The Rose & the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh (Indonesian)

Russian version of Caraval

Caraval by Stephanie Garber (Russian)

Bulgarian version of Starflight

Starflight by Melissa Landers (Bulgarian) 

Polish versions of the Rebel of the Sands trilogy

Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton (Polish)Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton (Polish)Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton (Polish)

Czech version of The Forbidden Wish

The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury (Czech)

Russian versions of the Lunar Chronicles

Cinder by Marissa Meyer (Russian)Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (Russian)
Cress by Marissa Meyer (Russian)Winter by Marissa Meyer (Russian)

Polish versions of An Ember in the Ashes, and A Torch Against the Night

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir (Polish)A Torch Against the Nigh by Sabaa Tahir (Polish)

Serbian versions of the Six of Crows duology

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (Serbian)Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (Serbian)

Chinese versions of the Grisha trilogy

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (Chinese)Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (Chinese)Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo (Chineses)

Polish versions of the Grisha trilogy

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (Polish)Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (Polish)Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo (Polish)

To see more, check out my Pinterest board:





What are some of your favorite foreign editions (YA or otherwise)? Got any you think I might want to add to my board? Let me know!

12 comments:

  1. I've never really gone looking for the international covers. But wow! You found some gorgeous ones. I'm envious that their covers are better than ours. LOL

    I'll have to go exploring through foreign markets now and then just to see the covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Cinder has some of the best foreign editions I've ever seen. Cool post, Alyssa! This makes me want to track down some of these for my own library😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't seen any of these, but wow! Amazing! I love the Polish Ember in the Ashes, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great topic! I love all of these covers! I especially love
    Russian version of Caraval it looks so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are AWESOME. I feel a little shafted here in the U.S. I didn't even like Caraval all that much, but I might have liked it more if my copy had that cover.
    Great post.
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very cool idea for a post, Alyssa! I actually haven't seen most of these covers. I'm loving the Indonesian version of The Wrath & The Dawn etc. Those French versions of Rae Carson's books from your Pinterest board are also beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing foreign editions of book! And both the Catalan and Romanian versions of graceling are awesome. I also like the Bulgarian Starflight, the Polish Rebels covers, and Enchanted is nice as well.

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god, I love the Russian versions of The Lunar Chronicles. Like, how can I get these?! (serious question - is there a way? lol)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruuuude. I want those russian versions of The Lunar Chronicles. Ahhh. But cannot buy them, I don't think. Hmph. All of these books looks so so gorgeous, though :D I love foreign editions too. <3 Lovely post Alyssa :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post is so cool, it brings back memories of other foreign covers we love. We quite like the Chinese and German cover editions of The Hunger Games. The Russian version of the Lunar Chronicles is so pretty - and it's such a nice series too <3

    ~ Luna & Saturn @ Pendragons

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love TWATD duology covers up there. So pretty! I think I like them better than the new US versions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Lunar Chronicles foreign editions are GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!