Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday (#265): Heart of Thorns by Bree Barton


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Heart of Thorns by Bree Barton
Book One of the Heart of Thorns trilogy
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date: July 31, 2018

Summary (from Goodreads):

Inventive and heart-racing, this fiercely feminist teen fantasy trilogy from debut author Bree Barton examines a dark kingdom in which only women can possess magic—and every woman is suspected of having it.

Mia Rose wants only one thing: revenge against the Gwyrach—feared, reviled, and magical women—who killed her mother. After years training under her father’s infamous Hunters, Mia is ready. She will scour the four kingdoms, find her mother’s murderer, and enact the Hunters’ Creed: heart for a heart, life for a life.

But when Mia is thrust into the last role she ever wanted—promised wife to the future king—she plots a daring escape. On her wedding night, Mia discovers something she never imagined: She may be a Huntress, but she’s also a Gwyrach. As the truth comes to light, Mia must untangle the secrets of her own past. Now if she wants to survive, Mia must learn to trust her heart . . . even if it kills her.

Website | Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Ivy Bookshop


Usually I'd be hesitant to start a trilogy (I am so bad at finishing them), but this one sounds really good. =)

37 comments:

  1. Is it bad that it had me at "Trust your heart, even if it kills you"? I believe it's safe to say I have another Trilogy to add to my list, hehe ;)

    Thanks for sharing, here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No that's definitely a great line! Happy reading, Silvia. :D

      Delete
  2. Oooh interesting!! This one's new to me! I will have to keep an eye out for it now! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "a dark kingdom in which only women can possess magic" Sounds so freaking good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds interesting. It sounds like there are a lot of twists. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound good, and it's new to me, always a bonus! Although I'm not crazy about the cover...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! I personally love the cover, for its simplicity. =)

      Delete
  6. This is one that's been on my TBR. Very interested in it! Your remark about trilogies is funny, because I guess I'm the same way sometimes! It's always the last book though, usually, because they don't send ARCs out, so it doesn't get in my reading schedule. It's why I always do a Series Ender Challenge it seems. Great pick!
    Check out my Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and I understand why printing ARCs or creating eARCs of the final book makes sense. But I have a hard time finishing series and primarily for that reason! Other review books would get priority!

      Delete
  7. I'm bad at finishing trilogies too, but this looks interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm bad with keeping up with series too, but sometimes I just have to start. LOL This does seem like an intriguing premise.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick Alyssa! I've definitely got my eyes on this one too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous cover! I'm also trying to be careful with series these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one is completely new to me, but I'm hooked already.
    I hope we both love it.
    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. This does sound really good! It is completely new to me but I would definitely read it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited for this one, too...and SAME, I am terrible at finishing trilogies, but I just can't seem to resist starting them LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YEET, I'm all about revenge plots! I thinkkk this author wrote another fantasy series...? (I'm not 100% sure) but this one is exciting!

    - Aila @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this cover is so so pretty :D I need to see some reviews, though, before deciding if I wish to read this one, haha ;p Hope you will love it lots Alyssa. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so bad at finishing trilogies too, but this one does sound good! I'm really curious about the Gwyrachs now and how Mia reacts to being one of them. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm usually really hesitant to start trilogies as well but this actually sounds great! I love the idea of a feminist dark fantasy and that cover is gorgeous!! Thank you for spotlighting this book, I hadn't heard of it before and I'm adding it to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know it's probably a gimmick, but the phrase "fiercely feminist" has me on board for this one anyway. The pretty cover doesn't hurt either!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!