Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#75): Zodiac by Romina Russell


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Zodiac by Romina Russell
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: December 9, 2014

Summary (from Goodreads):

At the dawn of time, there were thirteen Houses in the Zodiac galaxy. Now, only twelve remain. . . .

In the Zodiac galaxy, your astrological sign determines everything about you. The stars tell the story of your life, and nothing—and nobody—is real unless you can actually touch them.

It’s a galaxy divided, where personalities clash and suspicions run high. Everyone is a potential enemy, so it’s best to stick to your kind. Hard-working realists in House Virgo scoff at sweet-talking Librans, who use stellar social skills to climb to the top. And while the brooding twins of House Gemini take forever to make a decision, optimistic Sagittarians hop from adventure to adventure without a thought.

House Cancer prizes loyalty and honesty above all else. When an unforeseen catastrophe strikes their ocean planet, the stars select sixteen-year-old Rho as their new Guardian. Rho suspects an ancient, power-hungry evil of legend has returned to exact revenge across the entire Zodiac. But Rho is an unknown novice and one of the youngest Guardians ever. Who should believe her?

And with the stars anywhere but in her favor, how can Rho defeat an enemy she can’t touch?

This first book of an epic sci-fi-meets-high-fantasy series takes place in a galaxy inspired by the twelve astrological signs—rendered with stunning complexity that both transports readers to a fascinating new world and holds up a mirror to reflect how we can better know each other in our own.



Space. Stars. Science fiction. YES :D

23 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Sounds intriguing! Totally new to me too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting and new to me. sounds good and hope that you get a chance to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, for some reason I assumed this one would be about something else! Sounds so super interesting!! Fantastic pick, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sounds really cool! Thank you, Pili!

      Delete
  4. A book about Zodiac signs ? Count me in. I mean this is total exciting. And the cover just calls to me. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I haven't read too many books with the subject matter, but I'm thrilled to have found this one! Thank you :D

      Delete
  5. Definitely sounds like an interesting one. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not heard of this before now; but ohh. That cover looks all kinds of awesome :D Great pick sweetie. <3 I hope you will love this book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover as well! Especially the crab - I'm a cancer!

      Delete
  7. Oh COOL! This idea is so striking -- it sounds so good! I'm so glad you shared it :D

    Awesome pick! I hope it doesn't disappoint.

    Amelia | The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, great to hear, Amelia! I'm really REALLY glad I chose this one now ^_^

      Delete
  8. Sounds awesome! I think I have a galley (I'll check!)

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does indeed! And I hope you loveeee it, Liza! You're very welcome!

      Delete
  9. I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it. Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not so much a sci-fi fan, but this kinda sounds awesome, since I am a fan of stars and zodias. I think I'll be keeping an eye out for this. Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Science fiction is awesomeeeeeee! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  11. I'm waiting on this one as well! Sounds very interesting! Like factions based on zodiac signs! I have it planned for a future WOW too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Society based on the astrological signs? That's awesome! On to the TBR! :D Great pick Alyssa!\

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!