Thursday, June 19, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#73): The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson!


(This week's excerpt is quite long because I HAVE SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS SWOON!)

He stepped impossibly closer and lifted his hands, cupping my face, his touch so gentle it was barely there. "When I'm not with you, I wonder where you are. I wonder what you're doing. I think about how much I want to touch you. I want to feel your skin, your hair, run every dark strand through my fingers. I want to hold you, your hands, your chin." His face drew nearer and I felt his breath on my skin, "I want to pull you close and never let you go," he whispered.

We stood there, every second, every breath an eternity, and slowly our lips met, warm, gentle, his mouth soft against mine, his breaths becoming mine, and then just as slowly, the perfect moment paused, and our lips parted again.

He pulled back far enough to look at me, his hands sliding from my face to my neck to my hair, his fingers tangling in it. My own hands reached up, slipping behind his head. I pulled him to me, our lips scarcely touching, taking the tingle and warmth of each other in, and then our mouths pressed together again, and his hands glided to my back, pulling me closer. 

- ARC, pages 227-228


Read my review HERE.


This one was AMAZING, people. I hadn't read any of Pearson's other books, but I do love fantasy. This book was fabulous! Definitely a year-end favorite!

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow... that is so sweet! I think I need to get this one!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you do, too! It's a really great novel, swoons included!

      Delete
  2. That is a beautiful swoon. Thanks for sharing it.

    My swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I.. did not love this book :( Sad face. And I didn't like the romantic parts either :p Grrrr. But I'm glad you loved it :) Great teaser sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that, Carina! But I'm also glad that I loved it. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful swoon :) I definitely need to read this... and I still can't get over how wonderful that swoon is... Thanks for stopping by though!

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH. MAH. GOD. WHAT IS LIFE!? That is such a swoontastic teaser omg omg. And I don't even know who she's about to kiss and I want to know so freaking bad! I need this book in my life asap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL RIGHT?! And OMG I didn't even realize that this passage didn't mention this certain young man's name... that's lucky ;D YOU MUST READ THIS ONE, JESS!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!