Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#104): An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Book One of an untitled series
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: April 28, 2015

Summary (from Goodreads):

Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.

LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.

ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier— and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.

When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.



Fantasy! YES!!

34 comments:

  1. This is definitely one of my most anticipated books of 2015. I can't wait to read it! I need it! Great choice!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting synopsis! The cover is eye-catching, definitely something I would read :) Good Pick :)

    My WoW


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice! Been seeing this one around quite a bit lately! Hope you love it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about this book. Looks like a fantasy book I could really get into for sure! I'm not so in love with the cover, I have to say that. But if the story is good, who cares, right? Happy Holidays Alyssa! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I like the cover, honestly. But I know what you mean.

      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. I have started to get more into Fantasy this year, so I am really looking for some good ones coming in 2015. This one is definitely on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I knew about this book before now was that the cover is gorgeous, but now that I know what it's about, I'm really looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pick Alyssa :D I am so curious about this one. And nervous. But still dying to read it. <3 That cover is just GORGEOUS. I hope you will love it to pieces. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so can't wait for this book either! The cover is so gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this sounds awesome and totally unique for anything else I have ever read
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I've heard such great reviews for this one that I have it already preordered!!
    Great pick Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard so many great things about this one, so I'm definitely excited for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choice! I'm really excited for this one, it sounds absolutely amazing and I just love that cover :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope you enjoy the book if/when you read it!

      Delete
  13. I am so, so excited for this book! I preordered it on Amazon the day they had the 30% off any book coupon, and I just NEED IT! I mean, the synopsis is amazing, and the cover! The cover is absolutely stunning. GREAT pick!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! That's a great idea!! I hope you love it, Shannon :D

      Delete
  14. New to me but sounds good, hope you get a chance to read it soon, and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not a huge fantasy fan but this sounds pretty interesting. I'm definitely keeping my eye out for this one. thanks for sharing! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  16. The synopsis sounds wonderful!! I definitely need to get my hands on this when it comes out :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Reviews

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!