Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#103): The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey
Book One of The Girl at Midnight series
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: April 28, 2015

Summary (from Goodreads):

For readers of Cassandra Clare's City of Bones and Leigh Bardugo's Shadow and Bone, The Girl at Midnight is the story of a modern girl caught in an ancient war.

Beneath the streets of New York City live the Avicen, an ancient race of people with feathers for hair and magic running through their veins. Age-old enchantments keep them hidden from humans. All but one. Echo is a runaway pickpocket who survives by selling stolen treasures on the black market, and the Avicen are the only family she's ever known.

Echo is clever and daring, and at times she can be brash, but above all else she's fiercely loyal. So when a centuries-old war crests on the borders of her home, she decides it's time to act.

Legend has it that there is a way to end the conflict once and for all: find the Firebird, a mythical entity believed to possess power the likes of which the world has never seen. It will be no easy task, but if life as a thief has taught Echo anything, it's how to hunt down what she wants . . . and how to take it.

But some jobs aren't as straightforward as they seem. And this one might just set the world on fire.



Loveeeeee the gorgeous purple cover! Purple is my favorite color! Plus this is fantasy! WOOT!

31 comments:

  1. I think I have featured this one a few weeks back. Isn't the cover stunning? I need this book in my hands now. Great Pick Alyssa! :D

    Amber @ The Book Bratz
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I can't wait to read it! Thank you ^_^

      Delete
  2. I'm intrigued by the blurb. And yes, the purple cover certainly is captivating.
    Thanks for sharing, Alyssa.

    My WoW @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love the cover too! Very excited about this one too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is a stunner, that summary is amazing and it's been compared to Daughter of Smoke and Bone and I'm SOLD!
    Great pick Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wary of that comparison (those are some serious shoes to fill), but I'm excited!

      Delete
    2. Yeah is a double edged sword that comparison, but if it can achieve some of the magic of the world building and narrative, I want to read it!

      Delete
  5. new to me but looks interesting -- hope you get to read it soon. Happy wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to have introduced it to you! Thank you :D

      Delete
  6. I feel like I've seen this one somewhere recently, like Netgalley maybe. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This doesn't sound like something I would normally read, but I hope you enjoy it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES!!! This one! I want it so badly. I have a friend in the UK who read it and loved it. I cannot wait! I hope you enjoy it when you get it. Have a great week! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds amazing!
    This book is new to me so I am so glad you shared it. It sounds like something I would really enjoy =)
    Great pick and yes I love the cover too!
    Ashley
    Here's my WoW
    http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/2014/12/waiting-on-wednesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember seeing another cover for this book but this one's equally as beautiful!! My sister's favourite colour is purple too. She might go nuts if she sees this even though she doesn't read haha. Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! You should show it to her ;) Thank you!

      Delete
  11. This one sounds really good! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one does sound really good. Mainly because Echo sounds like a fabulous protagonist, and I really want to read more about her! Excellent pick- and I am with you on the cover :)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I hope I like her, as a protagonist. And the book in general! Ah!

      Delete
  13. I don't love the cover as a whole, but I do like the bits and pieces from it. Still, the synopsis is definitely intriguing, and I'd be an idiot to pass this one up. I really hope this book ends up being fabulous!

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I'm sorry to hear that! But yeah, overall, this sounds like a solid one. Cross your fingers!

      Delete
  14. Ohh, this cover is pretty stunning, yess. <3 I hope you will end up loving this book when you read it Alyssa :D It do sound pretty great ;p Thank you for sharing about it sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really love the cover and the synopsis sounds really good. Thanks for letting me know about this title.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't wait to read it. I hope you get a chance to read it, if you're interested in the book!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!