Thursday, December 18, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#99): The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon!


I smoothed my hands over his shoulders, up the slope of his neck, and at last, when my heart was pounding, his mouth took hold of mine. 

In the darkness, I was nothing but feeling. Fingers pushing through my hair, climbing up the column of my spine. I pulled him closer, draping one arm around his neck, winding my fingers into rough-spun hair. He tasted of red wine and something else, something earthen and rich and just faintly amaroidal.

A callused palm came to rest against my bare stomach, where my breaths came quick and shallow. Until now, I hadn't realized how much I'd wanted him to touch me. Intimacy had no place in either of our worlds.

Warden lifted me, swinging the floor from under my feet. His hand cupped my cheek, and we broke the silence with our breathing. He held me so our foreheads touched, as if he were reassuring me that this was all right.

- eARC, 79%





I loveeeeeee the progression of the romance in this series. It's not there, but IT IS :D

15 comments:

  1. I'm reading Prodigy , by Marie Lu - the love relation in this book just make me sooooo Swoon especially Jun and the elctor :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Although, June and the Elector? Not Day? D:

      Delete
  2. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!
    What an awesome swoon girl!! I neeeeeeed this book!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehehe! I hope you love it when you read it!!

      Delete
  3. Meeek. I love this swoon. <3 Thank you for sharing Alyssa :D I am curious about this book ;p glad you loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, they sound like such a good couple. Warden seems sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Sweet is definitely an interesting way to describe him ;D

      Delete
  5. This really is a great swoon. I love darkness scenes! Get's me all tingly when it's so much more about touch and breath. Thanks for stepping by! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great swoon, Alyssa. I haven't seen this book before. Love the intense red cover.

    Thanks for stopping by my Swoon. Hope you're having a good week.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might enjoy the series, Marilyn! Thank you <3

      Delete
  7. This is one series that I haven't started yet... I think I should though! Love that swoon!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!