Thursday, November 21, 2013

Swoon Thursday (#43): Dangerous Depths by Karen Amanda Hooper

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Dangerous Depths by Karen Amanda Hooper!


His fingertip landed just below my neck as he started writing a story as always. I said the words out loud while his hand scrolled down the length of my body. "Once upon a tide..." 

He had reached my stomach. I tried to breathe steadily, but he leaned down and kissed each of my hips, then his lips slowly trailed to my thigh. My hallmarks were swirling so fast I could feel my skin rippling, but then Treygan stopped and his fingers returned to my neck.

"Let's continue our story, shall we?"

A tortured grunt was all I could manage. He smirked, and then wrote down my body again. I tried focusing on the trails his finger made as he wrote letter after letter down to my toes, but it was a blur of tingling and desire. 

"You lost me," I muttered. "What did you write again?"

"I'll write it again."

As if that would help. He formed each letter slower, which only made my craving for him that much stronger. His smug face proved he was enjoying teasing me way too much. I pulled his down to me and kissed him. 

- eARC, 40%



Check out my review (and win this book) HERE.

I loved this book! Seriously, you should check out ALL of Karen's books. She's amazing!

29 comments:

  1. Oh...nice!! I have read a different book of Karen's before and enjoyed it... glad you liked it!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, here is your chance to read another! Thank you, Naomi.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh! I haven't read a book by Karen before but I had been wanting to! And this swoon is seriously hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is a good one! I recommend starting with this series ;)

      Delete
  3. Love me some Treygan! But I'm a little biased. ;)
    Thanks so much for featuring Treygan! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I would have shared ANOTHER swoon, from later on in the book... but that one is too obvious. *nudge nudge*

      Delete
  4. This seems interesting. Need to check this book out because I want to know what all that means! Great Swoon!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, yes, there is quite the paranormal aspect to this book!

      Delete
  5. Great swoon!! I have not read anything by this author yet but I will have to check this book out!

    Thanks for stopping by My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice swoon! Always love a teaser! hehe

    My swoon
    http://iheartyabooks.blogspot.com/2013/11/swoon-thursday-i-heart-ya-books.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this book cover is so pretty Alyssa! I love this swoon. It's sweet, sexy, and very sensual. What did he write on her? I'm dying to know! LOL

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, this is totally hot! I can so see why she'd lose all train of thought. This is going onto my tbr, because the pretty cover made me curious on the mermaid story. Thanks for stepping by and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the cover pulled you in! And the swoon. And the mermaid aspect. It's a winner, don't you think?! ^_^

      Delete
  9. Oh, man! This scene is totally HOT! I'm also dying to know what wrote that was so tantalizing.

    Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, wouldn't you like to know, Kelsey ;) You're very welcome!

      Delete
  10. Interesting swoon. I loved the way he teased her.
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treygan is quite the tease lol. You're welcome!

      Delete
  11. Such a tease!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard of this book before! I don't read many mermaid books, but with a swoon like that I may have to make time for this one. Thanks for sharing that lovely moment!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you have! I hope you check out Karen's books. You're very welcome!

      Delete
  13. Oh I love how he's teasing her, I don't think I'd be able to pay attention with him doing that either lol. I've got the first book in this series, but just haven't read it yet...but it will now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, seems like everyone does! You MUST read the first book, Amy. Lots of swoons!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!