Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Review: Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. Maxwell


Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. Maxwell
Book One of the Fighting For Love series
Publisher: Brazen
Publication Date: July 20, 2012
Rating: 4 stars
Source: Bought from Amazon

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Mixed martial arts fighter Reid Andrews’s chance to reclaim his title as light heavyweight champ is shattered when he’s injured only months before the rematch. To make sure he’s healed in time, his trainer sends him to recuperate under a professional’s care—Reid’s best friend’s little sister, all grown up.

Disorganized and bookish Lucie Miller needs some professional help of her own. She’d do anything to catch the eye of a doctor she’s crushed on for years, so when Reid offers seduction lessons in exchange for 24/7 conditioning for the biggest fight of his career, Lucie jumps at the chance.

Soon Reid finds him himself in the fight of his life...winning Lucie's heart before she gives it to someone else.

What I Liked:

This book was so fabulous, you all. You know how much I love the Brazen novels, right? I binge-read four of them, and while they were all similar in the romance plot-lines, they were very different in characters and whatnot. I especially LOVED this book, because it was so darn cute and steamy at the same time!

Reid is in need (ha!) of physical therapy, due to an injury, and who can he go to for help? Lucie Miller, Reid's best friend's kid sister. I love that type of childhood relationship - the older brother's friend and the little sister. So cute! It always happens, and I love those stories. Anyway, Lucie isn't really interested in Reid; she's interested in a doctor who doesn't know she exists, beyond her career. So, Lucie helps Reid recuperate, and Reid helps Lucie turn up the sexy. Good deal, right?

Well, it is, until Lucie realizes that she is hopelessly in love with Reid, and Reid realizes the same. It's not really a problem for Reid, because he isn't exactly dating or trying to date anyone. But Lucie has her sights set on Dr. Perfect, and falling in love with Reid isn't really part of the plan. 

I loved watching these two fall in love. Maxwell injects the perfect amount of banter, humor, and chemistry to make this book enjoyable to read for the plot, the characters, and the hot scenes. We all know how important those are, to romance readers. The romance in this book is very steamy (wink wink), but also very sweet. Forget Dr. Perfect. Who needs him when you have yummy Reid?

This review is short, I know. But basically, I enjoyed this fabulous Brazen read. It's a fast and awesome read, so I think you should read it if you like romance novels, and have a few dollars to spare!

What I Did Not Like:

There wasn't anything specific that I didn't like... it just feels like a four-star novel to me. Most romance novels get four stars (or less) from me, because of the receptivity of the plot. I mean, all romance stories have the same essence, correct? I love it though.

But four stars for this one. Not too shabby!

Would I Recommend It:

YES! So far, I'd recommend all of the Brazen novels I've read to any romance-novel-lover. If you like your steamy reads, then be sure to check out this one! And any other Brazen novel - they are all very awesome.

Rating:

4 stars. I will be checking out Gina's other books! And the rest of the Brazen titles, of course.


Was this review helpful? Please let me know in the comments section!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome review Alyssa I've been dying to get a book by Brazen novels for a long time now I heard great review's about there novels they sound right up my ally! thanks for sharing Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should read a few! There are some pretty great ones. You're very welcome and thank YOU, Katiria!

      Delete
  2. I really like reading through a post that can make people think. Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!
    no gi bjj

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!