Thursday, November 7, 2013

Swoon Thursday (#41): Scion of the Sun by Nicola Marsh

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Scion of the Sun by Nicola Marsh!


His hands slid all the way around my waist, pulling me almost flush against him. "Don't even think it."

Think? Who could possibly think when pressed against his hard body with my hands resting helplessly against his chest, itching to slide up and pull his head toward me?

Momentary insanity was my only plea for thinking like that; of course he'd know what a pathetic pining loser I was and release me like he had the last time we'd gotten this close. It didn't happen, and when I finally had the guys to glance up, the hunger in his eyes had my lips parting in a surprised O.

This time, there was no prolonged moment of exquisite torturous anticipation, no time for second-guessing. This time, we went for broke. 

Our lips met in a clash of pure, unadulterated heat. An explosion of longing of soul-deep need burst over me. I wondered how I could've denied myself this incredible feeling for so long. Were all kisses like this? Or was I just so naive, so new at this, it felt like the greatest thing in the world?


Read my review HERE.


Loved this book! And this swoon :D

29 comments:

  1. An explosion of longing of soul-deep need..... OMG!! So hawt!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that last line! And that cover! It's gorgeous! Ok. Definitely going to add this to my mountain of a TBR!

    Great pick Alyssa!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And the cover is so so so pretty. I hope you read it at some point, Jess!

      Delete
  3. I like it! "An explosion of longing of soul-deep need burst over me."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I really love that swoon, Alyssa! Checking this book out!

    My swoon: MINE by Katy Evans
    http://iheartyabooks.blogspot.com/2013/11/swoon-thursday-i-heart-ya-books-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that quote had some super drawn out tension. Perfectly swoony :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't be able to think! LOL Great anticipation, and intensity! This is one steamy swoon!!!

    Here's mine:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/11/swoon-thursday-43.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab swoon! I haven't heard of this novel until recently, but it definitely sounds like one to add to my TBR! :)

    http://iheartyabooks.blogspot.com/2013/11/swoon-thursday-i-heart-ya-books-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great swoon! I haven't heard of this one, but after that last line I'll have to check it out! Great pick!

    Here's
    My Swoon Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome swoon!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phew "unadulterated heat"...I like the sounds of that! I love how sweet she sounds saying she didn't know kissing was that amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL me too! The innocent ones always get to me ;)

      Delete
  11. Oh my hotness I need to read this one. I have never heard of it before today so thank you for the intro! Thank you for stopping by and so happy you enjoyed the swoon! Have an awesome week!

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So most certainly do! This author started out as a romance author, so you know there has to be some steamy action in this book!

      You as well, Reese!

      Delete
  12. Now that is what I call a swoon! I hadn't heard of this book before, but I am most certainly interested now!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!