Friday, November 29, 2013

Review: Private Practice by Samanthe Beck


Private Practice by Samanthe Beck
Publisher: Brazen
Publication Date: February 23, 2013
Rating: 4 stars
Source: Bought from Amazon

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

He’ll teach her how to bring a man to his knees…

Dr. Ellie Swan has a plan: open her practice in tiny Bluelick, Kentucky, so she can keep an eye on her diabetic father, and make hometown golden-boy Roger Reynolds fall in love with her. But Ellie has a problem. Roger seeks a skilled, sexually adventurous partner, and bookish Ellie doesn't qualify.

Tyler Longfoot only cares about three things: shaking his bad boy image, qualifying for the loan his company needs to rehab a piece of Bluelick’s history, and convincing Ellie to keep quiet about the “incident” that lands him on her doorstep at two a.m. with a bullet in his behind.

The adorable Dr. Swan drives a mean bargain, though. If sex-on-a-stick Tyler will teach Ellie how to bring a man to his knees, she’ll forget about the bullet. Armed with The Wild Woman’s Guide to Sex and Tyler’s lessons, Ellie is confident she can become what Roger needs…if she doesn't fall for Tyler first.

What I Liked:

So, you all know the story behind the first four Brazen novels I read, right? I read four Brazen novels, back-to-back, in July. They were Officer Off Limits, Wrong Bed, Right Guy, Seducing Cinderella, and this one, Private Practice. I think, of the four, this one was my favorite! I like them all quite a bit, but this one is GREAT. 

The beginning is probably one of my favorite scenes of the book. Ellie Swan doesn't expect Tyler Longfoot to show up at her door in the middle of the night with a bullet in his butt. You read that right - the guy got shot in the butt, over a girl and a misunderstanding. Sucks to be him! But that tells Ellie one thing - besides the fact that Tyler is reckless - it tells her that he knows his way around women. Not that she didn't already know that. But, this gives her opportunity. 

Seeking to snag Roger, a very eligible and very adventurous partner, Ellie enlists Tyler's help in the art of catching a man, but not in your typical way - by means of sex. Apparently, Roger has, um, interesting tastes when it comes to sex. Or say they say. That's why Ellie needs Tyler, so she can learn the interesting ways of sex. Wow. I don't know how to put that any more awkwardly than I just did.

Anyway, somewhere along the lines, Ellie and Tyler totally fall for each other. I love the progression of their relationship - it was slow and subtle, yet fast and dynamic. Ellie and Tyler are perfect for each other. They seem to be opposites, but as themselves, they complement each other well.

I'm pleased with the romance, the humor in this book, and oh my gosh the ending is the best! It is hilarious, how it all resolves, with Ellie and Tyler and Roger. This book has the perfect amount of romance, hot scenes, chemistry, and humor - I especially love the humor! I would recommend this book based on the humor alone.

But seriously, this book was awesome.

What I Did Not Like:

There's nothing that I really didn't like, in a way, but this book just felt like a four-star read to me. I know, there should be something that made me rate this book as four stars, instead of five. But it's just how I feel.

Would I Recommend It:

YES! I feel like I said this for each of the four Brazen books I read and reviewed from this summer, but this one was probably my favorite. Probably. So, you should definitely try this one. For the humor alone, a romance novel lover would find this one enjoyable.

Rating:

4 stars. I'm so glad I read this one! And this is what happens when I go Brazen crazy :D


Was this review helpful? Please let me know in the comments section!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome review Alyssa I love it! Ok Ok I admit it Alyssa I bought the four Brazen book novels that you read back to back because it sounded so steamy good I couldn't help it I had to get my hands on them but now I want to get this one it looks and sounds so awesome but I have to wait until Jan to get it lol thanks for sharing Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Katiria that is so great to hear! That's like, the biggest compliment a blogger can receive - that he/she influenced a blog reader to buy a book/books! I'm so glad that I could help in some way! Hopefully, you enjoy them just as much as I did, HAPPY READING! <3

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!