Thursday, April 30, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#118): Rook by Sharon Cameron

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is Rook by Sharon Cameron!


Her breath was so short she could hardly speak. She had one hand on his chest, the rhythm of it fast and hard beneath her palm. He was so beautiful, and so unsure, and she had never been more so.

"Sophia...," he whispered.

She slipped her other arm around his bruised neck and put her lips on the pulse at the case of his throat.

He made a noise somewhere deep in his chest, and then he had his mouth on hers, hard, holding her head still as she was pressed back, rattling the shelves, and then back again until she hit the wall. All at once she was boiling, frantic, trying to kiss him more, hold him closer with fistfuls of his shirt, pinned by his body to the painted plaster. He seemed to have forgotten his worries about noise. It was a long time before his lips broke away and he put his forehead against hers, breath coming fast.

23 comments:

  1. This one has my attention. I'm eager to read it. Thanks for the excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Good! I hope you enjoy it if/when you read it, Sophia!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I love this swoon! I haven't read any of Sharon Cameron's books but I am pretty excited to read Rook :) Thanks for sharing!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, Zareena! You're welcome :D

      Delete
  3. I actually didn't know that this had a romance! I'm now 1000x more excited to read it, because boy did that excerpt make me swoon! <3

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! This makes me so happy! I hope you love the book when you read it, Aimee!

      Delete
  4. Oh my what a hot swoon, rattling the shelves. That is some kinda kiss.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, what a swoon!! Makes me want to read this one even more now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you read it, Pili! And love it ;D

      Delete
  6. Okay, now that defo makes me swoon.. looks steamy enough xD Thank you for sharing :)
    <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite steamy! You're very welcome ^_^

      Delete
  7. I feel like the biggest dork for not putting two and two together- that Sharon wrote this AND the Dark Unwinding books. SIGH. I just saw her a couple months ago too! Rofl.

    Anyhoo- man did I like that swoon! I think I need to read this one.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah. Sharon Cameron is super talented. You should have told me! I need signed things! I would have sent you books and moneys! ;) *nudges*

      Delete
  8. Wow! Slow and sweet to begin with, then hot and heavy. Got to love those kinds of swoons. Thanks for sharing.

    Hope you have a great weekend, Alyssa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! A favorite type of swoon.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Arg, I've been hearing a lot of good things about this! This teaser definitely has me excited to check it out! Love romance, haha.
    Thanks for sharing, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Inflating your TBR, one book at a time. I hope you read this one, Cyn!

      Delete
  10. Ooh sizzling! Thanks for the sexy share :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh, I love this. <3 Gorgeous swoon Alyssa :D Now I'm even more excited about reading this book, lol. Reading it soon :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!