Thursday, April 23, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#117): Velvet by Temple West

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is Velvet by Temple West!


I slid my hand up his chest and stood on my toes, tilting my face. His eyes turned, burning silver as he threaded his fingers through my hair and pulled me in again. Without thinking, I bit his lip softly between my teeth. His breath caught and he turned sharply away, his arms an  iron vise around my waist.

- ARC, page 191

We reached for each other simultaneously, hands diving into hair, lips crashing. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he dragged me off the bed, but he instantly tripped over a pillow and we went down. He grunted, hauled me up, and kicked open the door, stumbling into the hall, and then over to his bedroom between unpracticed but enthusiastic kisses. It was dark, lit only by moonlight and stars, like the last time I'd been in here, but I wanted to see him.

- ARC, page 373




This book was quite a nice surprise! I enjoyed it a lot :)

14 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to read this one next! Our tastes are a bit similar, I noticed so I hope I liked this one as much as you have - the cover is beautiful though.
    <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love this book, Benish! YAY book twinnie!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh two swoons from this one? That means this one means business! I cannot wait till I can read my preorder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Yes indeed! I hope you enjoy it, Pili!

      Delete
  3. Oh my! I am loving those delicious swoons! And they seem mature for a YA! So I am definitely going to add this one to my TBR! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! And LOL I cut off one of them, it kept going hehe. You would like this one, Jess! I'm quite sure of it ;D

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, that is some awesome swooning. I have yet to read this book. Glad it was a nice surprise and you enjoyed it.

    Thanks for stopping by my Swoon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a shot, Marilyn! I feel like you might like this paranormal romance :D

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad I'm reading this one soon! I already like the romance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! I hope you love it, Kaitlin! You will. I know you will. I'll be looking out for your feedback!

      Delete
  6. Aw, love. <3 The teasers are all kinds of awesome, hih ;) Hmm. Maybe I might like it. Well. SOMEDAY. The swoons are great :D Thank you for sharing sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are such sweet swoons! I want to check this one out for myself, I think!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, Naomi! I think you'd like the book.

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!