Thursday, April 9, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#115): The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West!


(Context: they were playing Twenty Questions, about kissing. LOL)

"My preference is simple - you."

"That was not a yes or no answer. You just broke the ru-"

He cut me off by pressing his lips to mine. They were so warm that my whole body seemed to melt against him. He slipped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer, deepening the kiss as he did. My hands found his hair, not needing an excuse to touch him this time, knowing that I could do this whenever I wanted.

A shiver went through me and he smiled against my lips. "So, not a disappointment?"

I didn't answer, just kissed him more.

- ARC, page 322




Kasie West does it again! I'm five for five with her books :)

26 comments:

  1. Looks awesome, I added it to my tbr :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to read this one soon, It's been on my TBR for a while - the cover is cute as well :) <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the feeling that she didn't really mind that he broke the rules. I've seen this one featured a few times. Sounds like a fun read.

    Hope you're having a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love this swoon :D Gorgeous teaser Alyssa. <3 Thank you so much for sharing. One day I might read this book. But for now, contemporary is not really my thing, sadly :p They just really annoy me most of the time, lol :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I feel the same way a lot of times LOL

      Delete
  5. This is making me want to go re-read already!! Love Kasie West so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU SHOULD I think I've read certain parts over and over now lol obsessed!

      Delete
  6. What an awesome teaser! I cannot wait till I can get my preorder of this one!! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for you to get it! I hope you love this one, Pili ^_^

      Delete
  7. I'm going to have to check this book out! I've been seeing so much about this author. Thanks for sharing :)
    http://tinyurl.com/p92dmng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Kasie West is awesome :D

      Delete
  8. SO cute! I can't wait to read this one!!! I'm so glad you love her books girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really going to have to read some of her books. They all seem like really good reads but they are all buried somewhere in my TBR pile. I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! You should! I definitely recommend her contemporary, but her paranormal duology is excellent as well. All five books by West got 4 stars from me, very positive reviews!

      Delete
  10. Love the swoon!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh... that is a nice kiss, I wouldn't complain either!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite scene in the book! I've read it a few times already. <3 So perfect. I wish there were a few more kissy scenes like it. :D
    But, yes, Kasie West is a genius. Can't wait to see what she writes next!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!