Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#121): Jubilee Manor by Bethany Hagen


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Jubilee Manor by Bethany Hagen
Book Two of the Landry Park series
Publisher: Dial Books
Publication Date: August 11, 2015

Summary (from Goodreads):

The thrilling conclusion to Landry Park is full of love, betrayal, and murder--perfect for fans of Divergent, The Selection, and Pride and Prejudice 

In Landry Park, Madeline turned her back on her elite family, friends, and estate to help the Rootless. Now, in Jubilee Manor, she struggles to bring the Gentry and the Rootless together. But when Gentry heirs—Madeline’s old friends—are murdered, even she begins to think a Rootless is behind it, putting her at odds with the boy she loves and the very people she is trying to lead. If she can’t figure out who is killing her friends and bring them to justice, a violent war will erupt and even more will die—and Madeline’s name, her estate, and all the bonds she’s forged won’t make any difference.

This conclusion to Landry Park, which VOYA dubbed "Gone with the Wind meets The Hunger Games,” is a richly satisfying, addictive read.




Apparently this series is only a duology! Which makes me extra excited to read this book! Landry Park was quite good, though I'll have to do a reread before this one!

36 comments:

  1. I have not seen or heard anything about this book, but it sound like it could be very exciting and something I would be interested to read. Thanks for sharing!!!

    My WOW
    -TopianGirl @TopianBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. A duology, I'm not sure I've read one of those. This sounds like a sweet little series. I'm loving the color of the dress on this cover. It's close to my favorite.
    Happy reading, Alyssa!
    Hope you're having an awesome week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duologies are basically the best thing in the world right now, I'm so sick of trilogies!

      Thank you, Marilyn!

      Delete
  3. I'm liking this duology thing. Sometimes it seems like authors are stretching to fill three books so they can have a trilogy. I've read quite a few duologies lately and it's nice to have things wrapped up in two books. I still have Landry Park in my tbr, hopefully I get to it soon.

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! Amen! I hope you give this duo a chance!

      Delete
  4. Landry Park is somewhere on my endless reading list... I hope you love this second and concluding sequel. Happy Wednesday!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! And I'm excited it's a duology as there are way too many trilogies out there just now! I started Landry Park a while back so should really finish it before this comes out. Hope you love it as much as the first book!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I hope you you like Landry Park!

      Delete
  6. I miss single and double books. It seems like now a days everything is a trilogy or more. Nice pick.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm quite intrigued about this one too, I liked Landry Park so I want to know what's to come next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh nice pick! Pretty cover too! I haven't read this series but I've heard of it. Hope you enjoy this one!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They redid the covers - I liked Landry Park's original cover, but the new designs are okay!

      Delete
  9. Awesome pick! This sounds awesome, I am very, very intrigued. (Plus, she has a seriously awesome name haha)

    http://madelinejohnstonauthor.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick sweetie :D I have not read book one, but I do think both books looks pretty great :) I hope you'll love this sequel and final book Alyssa. <3 Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really excited to read the first book! I almost bought it, but I chose a different book instead.

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. new to me but sounds like a great pick. Hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually haven't heard of this series, it's new to me although, the cover is pretty catchy.. great pick <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still have to read the first book in this series. I love this cover.

    My WOW http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/waiting-on-wednesday-33.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the cover and the dress she's wearing. I hope you like the book! Check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A duology is great - one less year wait to see what happens! I hope you enjoy it.

    Leeanna.me: WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the covers for this duology. One less book to wait on. Nice WOW pick.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like duology, haha! I still need to read Landry Park still, but I like the covers! Thanks for sharing, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give the duo a shot, Cyn! Thank YOU :)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!