Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#122): Court of Fives by Kate Elliott


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Court of Fives by Kate Elliott
Book One of the Court of Fives series
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: August 18, 2015

Summary (from Goodreads):

In this imaginative escape into an enthralling new world, World Fantasy Award finalist Kate Elliott begins a new trilogy with her debut young adult novel, weaving an epic story of a girl struggling to do what she loves in a society suffocated by rules of class and privilege.

Jessamy's life is a balance between acting like an upper class Patron and dreaming of the freedom of the Commoners. But at night she can be whomever she wants when she sneaks out to train for The Fives, an intricate, multi-level athletic competition that offers a chance for glory to the kingdom's best competitors. Then Jes meets Kalliarkos, and an unlikely friendship between a girl of mixed race and a Patron boy causes heads to turn. When a scheming lord tears Jes's family apart, she'll have to test Kal's loyalty and risk the vengeance of a powerful clan to save her mother and sisters from certain death. 



I haven't read any of this author's other books, but I certainly want to give this one a try!

31 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of her books either, but this one sounds amazing! I'm definitely excited to read it. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This author is new to me too. Hope you enjoy the book when it comes out.

    Happy mid-week. Hope all is going well.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn! I'm in Baltimore, so, not quite.

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of this book before. But a gal on a quest to save her family is always a book I want to read. Will be waiting on your review.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I'm getting curious about this one because I keep seeing it around a lot! lol! That tends to happen! Sounds like an intriguing read! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks interesting!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of her work yet, but this book sounds great!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. new to me but sounds like a great pick and hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read anything by this author either. I hope you enjoy this one!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this before but it does sound exciting! Thank you for putting it under my radar, I hope you enjoy this read once it comes out - great pick <3

    <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm super excited for this one too! I really like the concept, for some reason. The romance kind of sounds like it has the potential to overpower everything else, but I definitely have some hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it when you read it, Zoey!

      Delete
  11. I am quite intrigued about this one too, I'm not 100% sold so I think I'll wait for your veredict! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't heard of this one. I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is new to me but sound like something I would enjoy reading. Totally, trying to be the good girl but just so rebellious. Oh yeah. I will definitely check this book out. Thanks for the heads up and for stopping by my page earlier. Happy reading.

    My WOW
    -TopianGirl @TopianBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I hope you enjoy the book if/when you read it!

      Delete
  14. This book is new to me but it sounds interesting!

    A nice WoW! Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds very good. Putting it on my list, too. Great pick! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pick Alyssa :D I do think this book sounds interesting. <3 Well, okay, I haven't read the summary yet, lol, but the cover is pretty :D And many want this book. So I want it too, lol. I hope you'll love it sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check it out, Carina! Thank you :)

      Delete
  17. I'm game for trying this one too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!