Thursday, November 20, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#95): The Shape of My Heart by Ann Aguirre

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Shape of My Heart by Ann Aguirre!


As he closed the distance between us, I feared my heart might fracture my rib cage. He wrapped his arms around me and titled his head, his face so close I couldn't focus on his features, so I shut my eyes. Like that was his cue, he kissed me. This time, it felt different, less hey, he's good at this, and more Oh, my God, Max is kissing me like he means it. Another beat, and I couldn't think at all.

His lips were all heat and sweetness, turning over mine with compulsive yearning. Max tangled his hands in my hair and drew me closer as I teased his lower lip with my tongue. He responded with a graze of teeth, then he deepened the kiss, melting my bones with his intensity. We kissed forever, and I couldn't get close enough. He pulled me against him hard and fell back in the same motion so I landed on top of him.

- ARC, page 164







Love this series! I know, I know, a New Adult contemporary romance series that I actually enjoyed :D

14 comments:

  1. Well that was definitely one swoon worthy kiss. Great pick, Alyssa.
    I really need to get started on this series.

    Thanks for stopping by my Swoon.
    Hope you too are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the series a lot! For a non-fan of New Adult contemporary romance, that is saying something :D

      Delete
  2. What an awesome swoon!! I cannot wait to read the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! What a swoon!!!! I'm reading this in a few days! I am really excited now after that awesome kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* I'm falling more and more in love with Max and I haven't even read his book! Thank you so much for sharing this :) May have made my day ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously though!! He is so fabulous. I wish boys like him existed in real life...

      Thank YOU for saying that - I am honored <3

      Delete
  5. Aw, I love this teaser. <3 Thank you for sharing Alyssa :D And YAY for loving this series! That is all kinds of awesome :D Still not books for me, but hopefully one day soon, as I adore this author. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay! Thank you for commenting, Carina ^_^

      Delete
  6. Love that swoon! SOOO good! I am dying to get started on this series. It sounds so good and I'm not going to lie, I love the BSB titles haha.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love the books, I'm sure! And haha it's so awesome that she did that with the titles :D

      Delete
  7. Swwooooon. Can't wait to read this next week! I loved Max's character in the first book. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!