Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

To all of those that celebrate, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I hope you all have a fabulous holiday - eating lots of turkey and mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie and whatnot. And to those that do not celebrate (or perhaps are not in the United States), I hope you all have a wonderful day!

In the States, it's a day of thanks, to express our gratitude. Honestly, just in terms of blogging and books, I have so much for which to be thankful. To every person who clicked on my blog link from somewhere (a linky list, a comment, on Twitter, on Facebook, etc.), to every person who commented on my blog, to every person who followed/follow me in some way, to every that has read or liked a review or post, to every person who entered a giveaway... to every person who helped, supported, boosted, stuck with, believed in me...

THANK YOU.

Seriously. Thank you all so much. You all are wonderful. I've had a tough year for so many reasons, but definitely in terms of blogging, and I really, REALLY want to make sure everyone knows how grateful I am for everyone who has begun and continued to support me throughout the year, throughout everything. It means so much to me to know that people look at me, my blog, my work, a reflection of me, and see something worth time and effort.

So, thank you! In addition to all of you wonderful people in the blogging world, I'm thankful for my family, for supporting me in everything. My mom specifically, for being so understanding of my stress about school, and my situation with my gilipollas boy. My dad, for never saying more than was necessary, for understanding me. Nicole, for being an amazing friend, for listening, for always being my photographer whenever I spontaneously decided that we needed pictures of this or that, for knowing ME, and still loving me - you're a lifeline! Christina, for listening, always, every Monday. Matthew, for all the chocolate, whether known or surprise. You are a rockstar. Adrienne, for knowing, understanding, and not judging. Bria, for listening, but also, for empathizing. We will survive, girl. Aunt Becky, for just being there. To Johns Hopkins, for giving me a chance, seeing my potential, and letting my dream come true. 

My gilipollas boy, who won't be named - for breaking my heart, and continuing to do so, but for showing me my worth, that I'm so much better than whatever I thought I was. I miss you.

God - to whom I owe everything. I know many of you all might not be religious, but I find comfort in religion. Thank you for everything.

While 2014 hasn't been the kindest, I have so much for which I am grateful. That's how it should be, right? We can't go through life and be thankful for nothing. In all of the darkness, light always appears. Or something like that. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day with family and friends!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Alyssa. <3 I hope you are having an amazing day :) Wishing it was Thanksgiving in Norway too. I want all the amazing food, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carina! I'm virtually sending you food ;D

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well :) Have a great one!

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs*
    Even in the darkest moments there is some light here and there! I do hope that whatever is left of 2014 and 2015 will be much better for you!

    Happy Thanksgiving Alyssa dear, I am thankful to have met you and call you a friend this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I hope so too. Thank you so much! <3333

      Delete
  4. No, of course I'm not so behind on blog commenting that I'm popping in on a Thanksgiving post in December. >.>

    A belated Happy Thanksgiving to you! Keep moving forward, keep trusting God, and keep being you because you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Totally fine! Thank you, Kel. Your words give me strength <333

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!