Thursday, November 13, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#94): The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black!


Leaning over, not speaking, he brought his mouth to hers. For a wild moment she wondered if wanted her. Her and not just this.

At first, the kiss seemed part of the night and the dancing, full of dreamy madness. Jack kissed her as though he only could reassure himself she was awake and okay so long as they were touching. He kissed as though he thought she'd turn to smoke the moment he stopped.

She rolled toward him, and his arm came around her, pressing her closer, his fingers against the small of her back. Everything felt liquid and slow. As her hands fumbled with his shirt. trying to get it up and over his broad shoulders, as she pressed her cheek against the smooth brown skin, and as he made a soft sound in the back of his throat that seemed to be his way of holding in check some other, less polite sound that Hazel desperately wanted to hear, she couldn't help thinking of how strange it was to be doing this with a friend.

- ARC, page 214


12 comments:

  1. Great swoon. Sounds like things might get a bit hotter for these two.

    Hope you're week is going great, Alyssa.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha one would hope... ;) Thank you so much, Marilyn!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, very intriguing swoon, Alyssa!! Makes me want to read the book more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I hope you enjoy it when you read it, Pili!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read this yet, but I did manage to pick up a copy. Looks like I'll have to read it sooner than later. Thanks!

    Tammy @ Bo's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was an awesome swoon! I am really excited for this one. I have it on my shelf so I need to move it up the pile and read it.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it, Teresa :D

      Delete
  5. I like this swoon. I like this swoon a whole lot. <3 thank you for sharing Alyssa :D Excited about reading this book once it comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm glad! You'll love this one, Carina!

      Delete
  6. Mmmm.... that is one yummy kiss! Love it when they get a little touchy feely!!

    Thanx for visiting my SWOON!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!