Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award


Hey everyone! I've been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, by the lovely Sam from Falling Books! Thanks for nominating me, Sam! I do enjoy doing these :D

I have no idea whose button that is on the left, or where this award originated, so to whoever deserves the credit, please know that I really do want to give you the recognition you deserve!


Here are the rules:

1. Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
2. Post the award’s logo on your blog.
3. Answer the 10 questions that you have been asked.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers and ask them 10 questions. (I'm skipping this one, sort of.)


Sam's questions and my responses: 


What has been your favourite series of all time?

Series... hmm... Kristin Cashore's Graceling Realm series. I could read that series over and over. Robin LaFevers' His Fair Assassins series and Sarah Fine's Guards of the Shadowlands series are great ones too.

If you could have a book turned into a movie, which would it be and why?

I generally dislike book-to-movie adaptations... but NIL by Lynne Matson would make a cool movie. It's very Survivor/Lost-esque. I would dig that!

What is your most anticipated read of 2015?

When people ask me this, I split the question into two parts: most anticipated debut or first-in-series, and most anticipated sequel/continuation novel. Here they are:

- Most anticipated debut/first-in-series: Last Year's Mistake by Gina Ciocca
- Most anticipated sequel/continuation: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

Both are contemporary. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME.

What book character have you been able to relate most with?

Probably Harper from Through To You by Lauren Barnholdt. Gosh, that book spoke to me.

Again, contemporary O_O

Twilight, Harry Potter or Percy Jackson?

Percy Jackson, hands down. Mostly because I had already loved Greek/Roman mythology, but also because the series is so amazing!

Where is your favorite place to read?

Bed. Bed bed bed. 

Do you prefer having your books in pristine condition or worn out (creased spine, folded corners, etc.)?

Pristine. Oh my gosh I am so OCD you don't even want to TOUCH my books, for fear of being swatted. Or possibly worse.

 Ebook, paperback or hardback?

Hardcover. *hears the spine creak as she opens a hardcover book*

Best book cover that you've ever come across?

Ohhh, that's so difficult. I have a whole Pinterest board for this. Go there.

What would you say has been the hardest part of being a blogger?

I have a very rigid schedule, and I post content every day. So, that.


I was also nominated by Mariella at BookletBeauty, so I'll answer her questions as well:


What made you want to start book blogging?

A love of books, an interest in website/blog coding, and a desire to be part of the online bookish community.

Who is your favorite book blogger?

I don't have one favorite. I love Pili, Jess, NikkiNereyda, Ashley, Carina, Kel, Danielle... there are so many, and all for different reasons.

Favorite book of all time?

Fire by Kristen Cashore.

If you had to chose ONE book to read for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Again, Fire by Kristin Cashore.

Have you ever tried to start to write a book? If so, what genre?

Medieval fantasy.

When do you find time to read?

Ha. Ha ha. Please don't ask me, I have no idea.

Where is your favorite place to read, and why?

My room, because it's comfortable.

Worst book you've ever read, and why?

See my 1-star tag. Chances are, I had plenty of reasons.

Are you reading any books for school? Which ones?

Sure. Plenty of poetry and short fiction at the moment, but I'll also be reading writing by Sor Juana, Gabriela Mistral, and so on, for next semester. But keep in mind, I'm an ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING major first, Spanish major second. I read plenty of mechanics and physics books...

What is a book you don't want to read in public because of the cover?

See my historical romance tag. You'll know why.


And that's that! Again, I'm not going to nominate anyone specifically, but if anyone wants to do this, feel free! Here are ten questions:

1. Most popular author on your shelf?

2. ARC/non-ARC reading ratio?
3. Most anticipated SEQUEL of 2015?
4. Most anticipated conclusion novel of 2015?
5. Most anticipated YA book-to-movie adaptation of 2015?
6. Favorite YA debut novel of 2014?
7. Favorite YA book cover of 2014?
8. Favorite book you read before blogging? 
9. Book you want to read since everyone has read it (loved or hated)?
10. Authors whose books you will read no matter what it is about?

16 comments:

  1. That is a cute blogger button.

    Fun answers! I still need to read Kristen Cashore's books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awweeeee, you're adorableee!! *squishes*
    And oh my goodness, your more anticipated books for next year are contemporaries??? Where's my Alyssa and what have you done with her?? JK, JK, hehehehe.

    I might do this tag for Thursday if I cannot work on my cupcakes in time for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU :D :D :D :D :D And omg yeah, there is obviously something wrong with me... or maybe my personal life is such a mess right now that I need to read about other people's happy romance to feel better. Haha.

      I'll look out for the post! CUPCAKES ARE AWESOME!!

      Delete
  3. I was going to make comments on many points. But in the end it boils down to this:

    YESSSSS. PERCY JACKSON~ :Db

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeek! I love love love this post Alyssa. Thank you so much for sharing :D And eeek! GRACELING! FIRE! BITTERBLUE! Dies. Those books are my all time favorites too. <3 Sigh. I re-read them last December. I think I need to do it this December too, hih :D I must. Just. So damn good. Sigh. Anyway. I loved reading more about you. <3 You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO MUCH LOVE FOR THE SERIES!! I need to re-read them. I'm glad you love them so much! And thank you =)

      Delete
  5. I <3 you. Just fyi. AND RIGHT? ;LAST YEAR'S MISTAKE OMG.

    ALSO YOU'RE BECOMING A CONTEMP FAN AREN'T YOU? ;) I CAN FEEL IT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, thankies!! YOU are awesome.

      Also... *hides* haha

      Delete
  6. This looks like so much fun! I might take you up on this offer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, looks like you've been bitten by the contemporary bug! We'll see if next year has as many good contemporary YA titles. ;)

    And you listed me as one of your favorite book bloggers! Aww, you are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah seriously though O_O And you're welcome!!

      Delete
  8. Haha yes OMG I'm OCD about my books too! I don't mind reading them but I'm always careful with them and also FYI never read a hardcover with the dust jacket on, it sits on the shelf and continues to look beautiful while holding place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally know what you mean, about the hardcover and dust jacket!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!