Welcome to the Canary tour! I'm so excited to be a part of Day One! I have a guest post and a giveaway for you all! Enjoy!
Follow the rest of the tour HERE!
FIVE FACTS ABOUT CANARY
By Rachele Alpine
• All my teachers from grade school to graduate school that have impacted me have a character named after them with their last names.
• Kate’s brother Brett is my favorite character in the novel. He would do anything for Kate and I love the bond between the two siblings. He’s the only character in the book who stays true to himself completely and doesn’t change his beliefs for anyone.
• Kate, like me, is baffled by how people can get their hair to stay straight even when using a flat iron. Her hair always seems to get wavy again no matter how much she flat irons it.
• When I wrote the scene where Kate and her friends go to a cabin for the weekend, I was envisioning the awesome cabin my Girl Scout troop stayed in when I was young.
• The advance reader copy of CANARY didn’t have chapters, because the art department wasn’t sure how to format the blog posts. The final version of the book has separate pages for Kate’s blog posts and each chapter number is written inside a small canary. It’s one of my favorite things about the book.
About the Author:
Rachele Alpine is a lover of sushi, fake mustaches, and Michael Jackson. One of her first jobs was at a library, but it didn’t last long, because all she did was hide in the third-floor stacks and read. Now she’s a little more careful about when and where she indulges her reading habit. By day she’s a high school English teacher, and by night she writes with the companionship of the world’s cutest dog, Radley, a big cup of coffee, and a full bag of gummy peaches. Rachele lives with her husband in Cleveland, Ohio, but dreams of moving back to Boston, the city she fell in love with while attending graduate school there.
About the Book:
Canary by Rachele Alpine
Publisher: Medallion Press
Publication Date: August 1, 2013
Staying quiet will destroy her, but speaking up will destroy everyone.
Kate Franklin’s life changes for the better when her dad lands a job at Beacon Prep, an elite private school with one of the best basketball teams in the state. She begins to date a player on the team and quickly gets caught up in a world of idolatry and entitlement, learning that there are perks to being an athlete.
But those perks also come with a price. Another player takes his power too far and Kate is assaulted at a party. Although she knows she should speak out, her dad’s vehemently against it and so, like a canary sent into a mine to test toxicity levels and protect miners, Kate alone breathes the poisonous secrets to protect her dad and the team. The world that Kate was once welcomed into is now her worst enemy, and she must decide whether to stay silent or expose the corruption, destroying her father’s career and bringing down a town’s heroes.
(3) Print Copies of Canary (will be signed if winner lives within the Continental US) – International
(1) Swag Pack - International
Sounds like an intense book involving a very serious subject.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for being a stop on CANARY's tour!ReplyDelete
Thank you for the giveaway! The book looks really..what's the word I'm looking for? Heavy? Intense? I'm not sure I probably shouldn't even be typing at 2:30 in the morning. My brain is asleep. Sorry, I got off topic. This book looks good though,it will probably make me cry.ReplyDelete
It's great a person can impact someone else, just like Canary has for me, thank you :)ReplyDelete