Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#108): The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Book One of The Wrath and the Dawn series
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Publication Date: May 12, 2015

Summary (from Goodreads):

A sumptuous and epically told love story inspired by A Thousand and One Nights

Every dawn brings horror to a different family in a land ruled by a killer. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, takes a new bride each night only to have her executed at sunrise. So it is a suspicious surprise when sixteen-year-old Shahrzad volunteers to marry Khalid. But she does so with a clever plan to stay alive and exact revenge on the Caliph for the murder of her best friend and countless other girls. Shazi's wit and will, indeed, get her through to the dawn that no others have seen, but with a catch . . . she’s falling in love with the very boy who killed her dearest friend.

She discovers that the murderous boy-king is not all that he seems and neither are the deaths of so many girls. Shazi is determined to uncover the reason for the murders and to break the cycle once and for all.



Fantasy, love story, A Thousand and One Nights retelling... sold!

41 comments:

  1. That would sell me on the story too. I love the story and even the classical music of Scheherazade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy this book if/when you read it!

      Delete
  2. OOh nice! I'm kind of curious about this one too! Sounds very intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound really good, plus I love the cover:-D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, I can't stop thinking about this book! It sounds amazing :-D

    Sarah @ Good Books & Teacups

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen this on multiple WOWs today. It looks so good! I had to add it to my TBR. Thanks for showcasing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like an interesting book to read, I guess I should add it to my to-be-read list then. Great choice by the way.
    My Waiting On Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear this, Christine! Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy it. MyWOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. At first I didn't like the cover so I didn't pay attention to this one but then I read the synopsis and now I'm dying to read it lol.... I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOHOO! I've converted you into an impatient fan >:)

      Delete
  9. Can't wait for this!! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, yeah, I was sold just like that. Hate the cover, but well... ebook it is, then. x)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one I'm eager for as well. It's on Netgalley, but it won't let me even request it.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they haven't put it up for request yet, but it's there!

      Delete
  12. I'm really excited to read this, too. I just got approved for it through Edelweiss, which was a surprise because I requested it a while ago and heard nothing. I forgot I even requested it! What a nice surprise! I just need to make time to read it now. Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! I'm glad! I hope you love it, Michelle.

      Delete
  13. Meep! Yess. I'm so excited about this book too, Alyssa. <3 Amazing pick. I have heard such great things about it :) Sigh. I wants it. Fingers crossed we will both love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you and I love this book, Carina!

      Delete
  14. Havnet heard much about this one but sounds good and hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES!! YESSS!! YEEEESS!! I'm so damned sold on this beauty that I already have it preordered!! (and I'm dying for an ARC!!).
    Brilliant pick Alyssa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crossing my fingers that it won't disappoint us, Pili!

      Delete
  16. The excitement for this one is contagious! I'm going to keep an eye out for this one. :) I'll probably read it sometime this year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would probably sell my soul for this book, that's not entirely accurate but you catch my drift! I can't wait to read it!!
    <3 Britt @ please feed the bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know what you mean. I hope you love it when you read it, Britt!

      Delete
  18. Wow! What an interesting cover. I haven't seen this book before. Hope you enjoy reading it.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW. Hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! And thank you very much, Marilyn!

      Delete
  19. I haven't made an official list of my most anticipated books for this year yet (lol, I'm a little behind) but I do know that this one is on it!! Looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yup. That was 100% my reaction too. Also, just look at that beautiful cover!!

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!