Thursday, January 29, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#105): The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace!


Before she could question propriety or decorum, Johanna did what felt right. Rising up on her toes, she brushed her lips over Rafi's.

It was a simple kiss, the merest contact. She pulled back, face flaming, heart skipping, but Rafi didn't let go. Kissing her once, twice. Nervously, the hungrily.

If the men watching murmured, she didn't notice. If Pira, lurking in the shadows growled her distaste, Johanna didn't care. His arms were around her waist; her fingers were in his hair.

- eARC, 96%


10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a forbidden kiss. Got to love those kind.
    Thanks for sharing, Alyssa. Hope you're week is going well.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Sort of. Actually yes. Aahhh, so good :D

      Delete
  2. Oooh, very nice swoon! It seem to be the kinda kiss you've been waiting to happen for the whole book and end up doing a fist pump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously considering checking this book out :) Love the swoon!

    My Swoon
    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a feeling you would pick this quote. :P Loved that moment! I just wish they had outright communicated their feelings a little bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! And I agree. But communication is lacking in all teenage/young adult lives - in literature and in real life.

      Delete
  5. WHAT. 96%? SAD FACE. Not a single kiss before that? HOW MEAN, lol :D But hoping there is tension and such before. <3 Anyway. Gorgeous swoon sweetie :D I'm pre-ordering this book. <3 Excited about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I don't pick the swoons in order or anything. I just pick my favorites :) I hope you love this one when you read it, Carina - you SHOULD read it!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!