Thursday, April 27, 2017

Swoon Thursday (#222): Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh!


Okami rolled onto his back, positioning her above him. He braced her chin in one hand, his lips traveling don her neck. To her bared shoulder. Back up to her ear.

Don't stop.

The rain battered down around her. Her heart slammed against her chest. Mariko finally closed her eyes, no longer caring about anything else but the feel of him. His hands at her back. His kisses across her skin. The stars could fall - the moon could crash from the heavens - and Mariko would not care.

When Okami broke away, his breath spilled from his lips in jagged slivers.

"Don't stop," she said without thinking. 

His response was a wicked smile. Wordlessly, Okami rolled again, pinning her beneath his mouth, covering her with his body. He slid lower. Watched her face as he blew a cool stream across her bare stomach. A thread of molten amber raced down her spine.

When Mariko trembled - sparks dancing across her skin - Okami laughed softly.

- ARC, page 270




I really enjoyed this book! And I adored Okami and Mariko. Some first kiss, eh? 😏

24 comments:

  1. Oh yes, that was a sensual tease. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKAMI <3 <3!!!!! I also just posted my review :P
    kariny @kariny's book frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed the book, Kariny!

      Delete
  3. Oh my! That really sounds hot. Dang. I guess there's someone who's going to do some stalking today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post!!! I need to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read this but it looks interesting. Love that cover too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. About to start this one soon and I can't wait! Looks like I got lots of swoon to look forward to :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these two together. Great swoony moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzas!! Is it getting hot in here??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yaassss I loved this part, so thank you for sharing so I could re-read :D

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  10. OKAY this is a good scene. Even not having read the rest of the book I can tell. I loved the romance in her other books and this makes me think.. Flame in the Mist might be even BETTER.

    I guess it's time to preorder! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaaassss! I think you'll love this one, Jessie! Make sure to check out the preorder offer, if you preorder the book!

      Delete
  11. Goodness, this is a first kiss? Three cheers for Renee Ahdieh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, first kiss? Lovely swoon Alyssa. <3 Thank you for sharing this one :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!